BREXIT (7 Viewers)

I see sunak's handlers have decided to push on the supposed controversy over low emissions zones

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

(in case the tweet gets yoinked) BREAKING: An IT firm founded by Rishi Sunak's father-in-law was awarded a BILLION dollar contract with oil giant BP - just 2 months before the PM re-announced his support for hundreds of new oil and gas licences.

There was some news recently enough about the Sunak's connection to the Mau Mau rebellion in Kenya. With maybe some figure of money being sent to Kenya under Rishis premiership a kinda crazy or at least unexpected story.

the cycling world championships are in Glasgow in the next few days. the UK Home Office has refused visas to African riders (mostly Eritrean pros) including Beniam Girmay (23) a Giro stage and classic winner.

There's a fair bit in that article that annoyed me! Yes, Brexit is shit for UK breweries exporting but even without it I think there was always going to be a shakeup.

There are so many generic breweries (and badly run businesses) making the same old beers with nothing to differentiate them from the rest, and they're all chasing the same market which isn't growing. Maybe Bone Machine weren't one of them though.

Was their exporting to Ireland (and other places) ever more than a tiny amount of beer to one or two places?

Also - it mentions large multinationals offering cheap kegs and trying to block beer lines in pubs but doesn't clarify that Camden and Beavertown are owned by AB Inbev and Heineken respectively.

The numbers at the bottom are a bit of a mess too! 91% fall in volume of 'craft cask ale'? I assume we're talking about a Covid timeframe here and seeing as cask can only be served in pubs...

And I'd like to know where the phrase 'craft cask ale' came from because it's a bit of a mess too!

as moronic as all that shite is, its fairly obvious what they're doing. They're after the racist and terf vote, and they're going to get it with these kinds of nazi-esque messages

the question is, are there enough nazis and terfs to win them seats?

i suspect the average person who attends the conference is not representative of the average tory voter. but they're pitching the conference at the attendees.

People really don't like Sadiq. I'd always assumed it was mostly noisy motorists who spend a lot of time on talk radio. But I saw this at a train station.

Attachments

• IMG_20231004_213556.jpg
    IMG_20231004_213556.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Mild Cliff Notes on Sunak this week.

Says something to drive the wokes up the wall.
Says something aniti immigrant
Says the wokes are elites
Cancels the train thing.

All in he's made big inroads on populism this week. If you are a tory all the reactions online are gonna be easily dismissed as being elitists now, if you are a luuxury woke elitists you have to pick between being pro-trans, pro-trains or pro-immigrant to be annoyed about which splits the outrage out enough to keep it under control.

Sunak is a one man ecological disaster at this stage.

sunak tweeted about 'boosting our transport' in a tweet which showed him sitting in a private jet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back