BREXIT (10 Viewers)

Ireland should veto any attempt of the UK to rejoin the EU for the next 100 years
instinctively thats my reaction too, but Brexit cunts are dwindling in number so I'm starting to have more sympathy than I once had.

I'm for letting them back in but they'll be wrapped up in so much regulation and red tape that they would get a massive fine for even
shitting the wrong way.

Them being back in would not equate, from their side, to them being in before. They have to adopt the euro. All the concessions that were made to them previously....GONE. They are the same as anyone else in the bloc. Take it or leave it Brits.

instinctively thats my reaction too, but Brexit cunts are dwindling in number so I'm starting to have more sympathy than I once had.

I'm for letting them back in but they'll be wrapped up in so much regulation and red tape that they would get a massive fine for even
shitting the wrong way.

Them being back in would not equate, from their side, to them being in before. They have to adopt the euro. All the concessions that were made to them previously....GONE. They are the same as anyone else in the bloc. Take it or leave it Brits.
If they were to rejoin they have to use the euro.

is that a hard and fast rule?
will never happen. britain giving up the pound? though by the time they get around to the question, they might have started to split up.

I suppose there are other ways to "seek a closer relationship" than full membership. The longer they are out the more difficult it would be I would imagine given them more time to diverge.
I don't see it happening anytime soon allot of internal stuff might happen first like a different parliament perhaps. Honestly don't feel inclined to try and follow what's going on there that much.

Has anything ever come of Nicola Sturgeon's husbands antics?

I was thinking yesterday - she'd teed up scottish independence like it was gonna be her legacy project - brexit fuckery made it all the more attractive and it might have slipped over the line. HOWEVER if some untoward thing WERE TO HAPPEN that cast endless doubt over her character / judgement then westminster wouldn't have worry about the union dissolving for another while.

I mean like he might just be a criminal but it's fun to think it was some MI6 style political assasination.

I suppose there are other ways to "seek a closer relationship" than full membership. The longer they are out the more difficult it would be I would imagine given them more time to diverge.
Yeah they've got a lot of really dirty manufacturing loopholes now that they don't have to deal with those dweebs in brussels - the mini local china/manufacturing hub isn't too bad a financial path for them at the minute as they have proven on many occasions to not particularly care about the rest of the planet.

Has anything ever come of Nicola Sturgeon's husbands antics?

I was thinking yesterday - she'd teed up scottish independence like it was gonna be her legacy project - brexit fuckery made it all the more attractive and it might have slipped over the line. HOWEVER if some untoward thing WERE TO HAPPEN that cast endless doubt over her character / judgement then westminster wouldn't have worry about the union dissolving for another while.

I mean like he might just be a criminal but it's fun to think it was some MI6 style political assasination.
Funny you should bring it up today

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Funny you should bring it up today

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I mean like she could be guilty as hell, but in my fantasy timeline this a great distraction from Boris and the Tories drama over the past few days. Nothing like that ever happened in Northern Ireland.

Ireland should veto any attempt of the UK to rejoin the EU for the next 100 years
I don't think we're going to see them back.

I know that in polling they keep seeing numbers suggesting the majority want it, and if you interact with English lads they'll likely say it was a terrible decision altogether.

shite talking ahead:)

( I'm not racist but) the English still believe they are a bit special because they had an empire and won the war and have a queen with a posh accent. At the core of an awful lot of them, there's often still this psyche or belief that they are the chosen ones even if they've fallen on hard times at this exact moment. The French also have a similar ish vibe in certain regards, but it's not quite as nervous as the English. The English often seem to believe they're about to be swept away by non English types so they need to fight for this fragile thing, whereas for example the French are very confident in France and Frenchness. The Irish are fine with being Irish, we aren't worried about Ireland getting magically vanished away, but we do not have this empire vibe at all. We're completely content in being not an empire, never had an empire, don't want and empire, sure we'd probably just fuck up an empire even if we had one.

I guess this is a long winded way of saying: I believe a lot of them will say one thing, but when it comes to the voting booth they'll do another. I could see them walking right up to the line, but never actually crossing it again. They're out, they're hurting because of that, but that's worth it to a lot of them.

Then you take into account the moneyed class, who can move elections a few points, who make money by being not encumbered with EU regulations. They'll pay to stay out, again.

Last edited:
all frozen animal derived products, not originating in ireland, sold by iceland since march, are now subject to a recall. looks like someone forgot about pesky paperwork.

Whoops. Those donor kebab pizzas are classssss.

I don't think we're going to see them back.

I know that in polling they keep seeing numbers suggesting the majority want it, and if you interact with English lads they'll likely say it was a terrible decision altogether.

(Possible shite talking ahead:)

(obligatory I'm not racist but) the English still believe they are a bit special because they had an empire and won the war and have a queen with a posh accent. At the core of an awful lot of them, there's often still this psyche or belief that they are the chosen ones even if they've fallen on hard times at this exact moment. The French also have a similar ish vibe in certain regards, but it's not quite as nervous as the English. The English often seem to believe they're about to be swept away by non English types so they need to fight for this fragile thing, whereas for example the French are very confident in France and Frenchness. The Irish are fine with being Irish, we aren't worried about Ireland getting magically vanished away, but we do not have this empire vibe at all. We're completely content in being not an empire, never had an empire, don't want and empire, sure we'd probably just fuck up an empire even if we had one.

I guess this is a long winded way of saying: I believe a lot of them will say one thing, but when it comes to the voting booth they'll do another. I could see them walking right up to the line, but never actually crossing it again. They're out, they're hurting because of that, but that's worth it to them.

A lot to unpack there. Instead of writing 10,000 words, I'll just say the whole point of the UK being in Europe was as a counterbalance to France/Germany. Because Ireland or Luxembourg or wherever can't do too much if Germany decides to do a thing.

I said it before, but it's better to be inside the tent etc.

A lot to unpack there. Instead of writing 10,000 words, I'll just say the whole point of the UK being in Europe was as a counterbalance to France/Germany. Because Ireland or Luxembourg or wherever can't do too much if Germany decides to a thing.

I said it before, but it's better to be inside the tent etc.
Yeah. I'm not sure all of it deserves to be unpacked either.

The reason behind the UK being in Europe isn't anything I'd question. It's obviously the right choice.

I'll say something else that's possibly shitty and obnoxious though, the argument what does Ireland do if the Germans decided to do something and we don't like it doesn't work for me.

My belief is closer to: on the whole I'd trust German politicians to make the right choice about things than Irish politicians. I'd be ok with them telling us to do things, because a lot of the Irish gov seem to be ineffectual gobshites beholden to suspect interests, who do nothing and expect deus ex machina fixes to massive systemic problems. Basically if the Germans are telling us to do something, then Ireland would probably be better off doing it.

For example, we could start with updating our public transport, starting with the train network. And possibly build massive temporary residences for people. And then route the trainlines so they all converge on these temporary accommodations. We could keep the people in these places busy by making them work, with the promise that if they do enough work they could be free.

The reason behind the UK being in Europe isn't anything I'd question. It's obviously the right choice.

I'll say something else that's possibly shitty and obnoxious though, the argument what does Ireland do if the Germans decided to do something and we don't like it doesn't work for me.

My belief is closer to: on the whole I'd trust German politicians to make the right choice about things than Irish politicians. I'd be ok with them telling us to do things, because a lot of the Irish gov seem to be ineffectual gobshites beholden to suspect interests, who do nothing and expect deus ex machina fixes to massive systemic problems. Basically if the Germans are telling us to do something, then Ireland would probably be better off doing it.

For example, we could start with updating our public transport, starting with the train network. And possibly build massive temporary residences for people. And then route the trainlines so they all converge on these temporary accommodations. We could keep the people in these places busy by making them work, with the promise that if they do enough work they could be free.
I like this. Very efficient

Or they could keep the value of the Euro down so that their products are more competitively priced.
Back in 1980, Italy was actually the place where things like white goods were made, more so than Germany. Germany kinda destroyed that, to the detriment of Southern Europe in general and then Italy went to shit 15 years ago.

Waffle. I'm not really an economist.

What I just did there was a Brexiteers argument, but I would say it's the opposite, it's exactly the reason why they should be involved in Europe.

dude

Sorry that was unnecessarily snippy of me.

To go back to a million posts ago, I think having a moany UK in the EU, checking other big countries bullshit, is far better than having a moany UK outside the EU, yelling at clouds.

If there was another referendum, I'd certainly vote to rejoin the EU, duty free be damned.

*I assume I'm still allowed vote here.

most English newspapers are going with the missing mini sub visiting the Titanic wreck as their main story.
I think only The Star didn't put it on the cover at all.
in fairness The Mirror was ripping into Boris Johnson and The Star were ridiculing Liz Truss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back