BREXIT (19 Viewers)

I don't know where he got it from, but Mick Lynch has had some good media relations training

Unions have money.

That's not a bad thing, they can use their dues in whatever way they think will best advance their causes and their president being convincing and good n TV certainly does that.

G’wan the Mick Lynch

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

it's obvious what she's going for, why doesn't she just ask straight?

Is it a bad attempt to get him to bring it up.

I don't know where he got it from, but Mick Lynch has had some good media relations training. Where to put his hands, where to stand, where to move to, Understanding what the camera can actually see, all off the cuff. And knowing what Kay wants him to do and not doing it and knowing what to say back. Not too much, not too little. That was actually the sort of thing that they'll show to PR students in college lectures.
Not disagreeing with you on the training, but some people just have it also
They aren't phased by the camera, by being in an argument, their heart rate and their though process stays steady as a rock, like they were talking to someone in their kitchen.
This guy has argued with idiots for a living, for a long time now - negotiating for pay and conditions is high stakes tuff.
This lot of Tories in the media are just so used to having no decent oppo, they underestimate him.

That said, he might have had all the training in the world too. I have no idea.

Unions have money.

That's not a bad thing, they can use their dues in whatever way they think will best advance their causes and their president being convincing and good n TV certainly does that.

I'm unionised and I respectfully disagree. I don't think they do have lots of money, or at least not enough money. Different Union mind .

My Union does its best but doesn't have the communicative/PR nous that I just watched there. i've never had need to talk to them, but I'm glad they are there.

I'm unionised and I respectfully disagree. I don't think they do have lots of money, or at least not enough money. Different Union mind .

My Union does its best but doesn't have the communicative/PR nous that I just watched there. i've never had need to talk to them, but I'm glad they are there.

Fair enough, I'll correct myself.

This union's membership income is 21,000,000 a year. Paying to help Lynch make his point on TV might be better for their cause than donating to Starmer's labour.

I don't know where he got it from, but Mick Lynch has had some good media relations training. Where to put his hands, where to stand, where to move to, Understanding what the camera can actually see, all off the cuff. And knowing what Kay wants him to do and not doing it and knowing what to say back. Not too much, not too little. That was actually the sort of thing that they'll show to PR students in college lectures.
I think he’s just a charismatic bald man. History is full of them from Bob Hoskins to Larry David. The people love a bald king

Did someone show him this thread?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

this guy - genuinely nice guy - definitely would be noticeably less interested in politics than other english colleagues of mine.
he was actually in ireland the morning of the brexit referendum result; i had to go into the office to meet him and met him with a 'you were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off' greeting; he did a doubletake and realised i was talking about the referendum result. 'oh yeah, i just read about that now'. he'd gotten up, showered, had breakfast, etc., and only thought to check to see what the result was on the short walk from the hotel to our office.

I'd imagine he learned that stuff through his union.

Users who are viewing this thread

• M
  • S
  • chris d
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back