BREXIT (10 Viewers)

this guy - genuinely nice guy - definitely would be noticeably less interested in politics than other english colleagues of mine.
he was actually in ireland the morning of the brexit referendum result; i had to go into the office to meet him and met him with a 'you were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off' greeting; he did a doubletake and realised i was talking about the referendum result. 'oh yeah, i just read about that now'. he'd gotten up, showered, had breakfast, etc., and only thought to check to see what the result was on the short walk from the hotel to our office.
My wife's parents were staying with us when the referendum result came out. There were tears.

Bear in mind (eating honey in a shirt) that a lot of 'media training' is actually just trying to make people act like presentable people. some people actually can do that naturally, others have to be drilled to not look bad in comparison to who they are sitting next to or talking to or at. Lynch kinda stands out because his script is short and simple and he actually works it so he doesn't have to mash up sentences to turn every answer into the once he learned off.

I find it every enjoyable

Even if he wasn't a capable media guy all of these presenters, the ones I've seen anyway, have made absolute holy shows of themselves before ever allowing him to say a word
Yeah they’re only used to speaking to backbenchers and fellow journos

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My wife's parents were staying with us when the referendum result came out. There were tears.
Remember when you were young, and you were reading about Nazism, or Khmer Rouge, or some other insane ideology that was really widely publicly backed, and you'd be wondering what the hell is wrong with all those people? How could so many people support absolute lunacy?

It's like God heard that question, and in the last while has been going around every population I might be familiar with and demonstrating the point with the subtlety of a sledge hammer to the base of the skull.

- Some lad flies planes into the WTC.
We need to start two wars, with random punters, and read all your emails from this point on.

Yaaaaay wars!

-Some lad tries to set his shoes on fire in a plane, but doesn't.
We need to take everyone's shoes off, in every airport, from now on.

Yaaaay security!

- "I'm a racist who's not pretending to not be a racist."

Yaaaay, elect the racist as President!

- "Bendy bananas and too many Polish people running around fixing stuff."

Yaaaay Brexit!

- "Nazis in Ukraine!"
Yaaaay war. (Something like 80%+ of Russians support that war.)

This is sort of the heart of it, it's so painful to watch. It's a bit like you're out on a walk and they decide they want to walk through the barbed wire patch, so you suggest walking through the barbed wire patch mightn't be the best idea. Everyone walks into the the barbed wire and then there's huge histrionics about nobody could have seen the trouble that walking through barbed wire would cause, BUT, we're all in this together, will you help out?

I guess this is the point I'm trying to make. There's a certain type of pain that you feel when you see something that's clearly a FUCKING AWFUL idea, but it's decided this is what has to happen and drag you along. It happens all the time, we know this pain. I'm not sure if it has a specific name, but it's the pain that caused J's parent's to lose it on the Brexit vote results. I broke down when that Orange gangster was elected.

It's this crushing blow: we've fucked up massively because we believe in nonsense, and you're coming with us.

Even if he wasn't a capable media guy all of these presenters, the ones I've seen anyway, have made absolute holy shows of themselves before ever allowing him to say a word

I've always thought of the guy as a lightweight but Dan Walker who is now with channel 5 had a decent interview with him that's been going around twitter today.

is it an accurate guess to say that if Johnson is gone, a more secure replacement won't need to bang the anti-EU drum so hard for the hard Tories.... and therefore easier for us to keep the protocol from exploding?

That said, this guy will brass it out most likely
You can't shame him

Sunak and Javid are committed free marketeers and austerity hawks so this is great news.

If Johnson accidentally implements Corbynism I support him all the way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back