BREXIT (8 Viewers)

No deal would be such a big crisis point I think it's difficult to know what would happen but I imagine something would have to give way like a new government would need to emerge quickly or something but who knows. I would have no problem voting for a united Ireland even just for the practicalities of it and to have a stronger Irish economy but there would need to be large support for it in Northern Ireland for otherwise you will end up with a division like brexit itself. I suppose the game changer in a post brexit situation would be that joining the Republic would also mean rejoining the EU but people may be apprehensive about the Republic economically as much as anything else.

Fianna fail are betting on it, or at least covering their bets.

my evidence-less theory might be that it'll all be dressed up as some kinda effigy to placate the unionists in Westminster, like their buddies will get all the border checking jobs for the air/sea thing. after that there will be some guff about a transitional border system and it will evolve into some kind of cultural agreement in which NI gets some euro-cash to replace the peace 1/2/3 stuff. 40+% of the industry is civil service and it wouldn't be completely beyond neoliberalism to just turn that into some kind of transitional sub-contract agreement. NI voted against brexit at large, and they were right so i suspect they'd be glad of some kind of meaningful vote. Also GOT landmarks being added to irelands ancient east and repainting trains and buses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back