BREXIT (13 Viewers)

I'm suprised by some of the disharmony among some of the sibling-papers in their editorials on the vote in the past week.

Unsurprisingly the Daily Mail is all guns blazing on Brexit but the Mail On Sunday ran a remain piece. Similarly the Times are on the stay side but the Sunday Times backed leave

I don't believe the EU is the force for good it could have been/should be, if the UK stays in they'll see that as a vindication of their policies thus far and continue ahead. If the UK leaves, they may not alter their policies but at least it will demonstrate there is life after Europe and hopefully we'll see a domino effect of sorts, with other states announcing referendums on their continued membership of the bloc. If that happens the EU will be forced to adapt its positions in order to survive.

I don't believe the EU is the force for good it could have been/should be, if the UK stays in they'll see that as a vindication of their policies thus far and continue ahead. If the UK leaves, they may not alter their policies but at least it will demonstrate there is life after Europe and hopefully we'll see a domino effect of sorts, with other states announcing referendums on their continued membership of the bloc. If that happens the EU will be forced to adapt its positions in order to survive.

If they vote out and the predicted UK recession occurs then none of those things will happen.

If they vote out and the predicted UK recession occurs then none of those things will happen.

The jury is still out on a recession, as someone wise said no one knows what will happen. Also, with a recession being 'a fall in GDP in two successive quarters', it's a pretty low bar. So the UK leaves, there's a temporary shock to the system and a recession ensues... it could all be done and dusted within the year before the UK economy begins to grow again. If that happens then I think we will see a clamour for exit referendums around the EU.

Majority of French back holding ‘Frexit’ referendum

Among the sample of more than 8,000 voters, the French were the only ones saying in a majority (53%) that they would back holding a similar referendum on their country’s EU membership.

And in Sweden, Germany and Spain there were more respondents in favour of holding a similar referendum than opposed, the survey found.

After the French, the Swedes (49%) seem the most tempted by holding a referendum on the EU, followed by Spaniards (47%) and Germans (45%). Poles (39%) and Irish (38%) were the least favourable.

All this is ahead of the British referendum and at a point where no state has yet left the EU (we won't count Greenland here), if the UK were to leave it makes the unimaginable suddenly imaginable.

I'm surprised at the level of support for all things EU...given the way Ireland, Greece, Italy have been treated over the last few years. The argument that everyone on facebook seems to be making; that a vote to leave the EU is a vote for unabashed racism, is infuriating.

I'm surprised at the level of support for all things EU...given the way Ireland, Greece, Italy have been treated over the last few years. The argument that everyone on facebook seems to be making; that a vote to leave the EU is a vote for unabashed racism, is infuriating.
It's true, there's not a lot of room for considered opinions being given in this. All the unabashed racists voting to leave isn't helping the matter either though.

If I was voting it would be less a support of the EU and more of a fuck off to Michael Gove, Nigel Farage and Boris Johnson and whatever the fuck they think they are getting out of it.

Voting. It always boils down to the simplistic of things don't it.

I think a lot of the brexit campaigners are all trying to out-olde english boy each other in bid to secure their profile in their constituencies, like Iain Paisley out-oranged everyone in his. I'm not sure they really have a notion what they are talking about outside that.

When this guy gets pushed to facts, he's clearly not capable of dealing with them

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A few on-topic Roy Harper ditties, anyone?

See also: The Black Cloud of Islam

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back