BREXIT (4 Viewers)

That'll be my Russian influence showing.

Do you read a difference between Islamist and Islam?
I read one as an ideology, the other as a religion.
One is a perverted, often violent, movement that kills people, mostly Muslims.
The other is a quarter of the population of the planet, mostly peaceful and just trying to get along like everyone else.

Any person of humanity would be against the first and have common cause and solidarity with the second.

Also, calling people racist is kinda rude.

They may sound similar but being a follower of Islam doesn’t necessarily mean you’re an Islamist.

You see Islam is a religion that Muslims follow, whereas Islamism is the ‘desire to impose any version of Islam over society’.

If you want to go deeper, Jihadism is the use of ‘force to spread Islamism’, as explained by reformed Islamist Maajid Nawaz who helped the prime minister with today’s extremism speech.

The degree to which someone can impose Islam over someone can differ, but Nawaz argues it’s all ‘repugnant’.

It can be something as simple as forcing someone to wear a burka, or you could go full Isis, and kill people just for being gay.

Read more: What do these phrases related to Islam mean?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It's cool, a couple of people with white sounding names heard it too

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Very disturbing chat yesterday with Brit relatives trotting out reasons why they're voting to leave. I felt sick all night. The leave campaign have successfully turned this thing into a one subject vote, and it's quite difficult to tell people who don't want to hear it that this one subject isn't actually what this referendum is about.

I'm starting the process to get an Irish passport TODAY.

Very disturbing chat yesterday with Brit relatives trotting out reasons why they're voting to leave. I felt sick all night. The leave campaign have successfully turned this thing into a one subject vote, and it's quite difficult to tell people who don't want to hear it that this one subject isn't actually what this referendum is about.

I'm starting the process to get an Irish passport TODAY.
Horrible atmosphere of uncertainty here in London. If it goes through I might come back or go elsewhere.

Do you read a difference between Islamist and Islam?
I read one as an ideology, the other as a religion.
One is a perverted, often violent, movement that kills people, mostly Muslims.
The other is a quarter of the population of the planet, mostly peaceful and just trying to get along like everyone else.

Any person of humanity would be against the first and have common cause and solidarity with the second.

Also, calling people racist is kinda rude.

Absolutely. Like you say its a religion v an ideology, but of course not all Islamists are violent.

I assumed Johnny was joking with the racist thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back