Boy the Transformers movie sucked! (1 Viewer)

All my friends at UMG agree with you, incidentally I think it would have been better if some new Ella Fitzgerald songs had featured on the soundtrack

wp_transformers524_800.jpg

One drunken night I and a mate called Paddy thought it would be great if we renamed ourselves "Seánotron" and "Paddymus Prime".

It didn't stick.

Anybody with me?
Plot, dialogue, character, clichés...
even the transforming got a bit old

hardly ever going to be citizen kane, now was it?
:rolleyes:

All my friends at UMG agree with you, incidentally I think it would have been better if some new Ella Fitzgerald songs had featured on the soundtrack

reverse psychology...
;)
- leigh

I read a thing in Total Film, a wee interview with one of the original cartoon movie's producers.... says it all for me. I paraphrase...

"We killed off Optimus Prime. Kids were crying, one kid wouldn't come out of his bedroom for 2 weeks. We didn't realise we were killing an icon. We were just killing off the '84 product line."

Ok it was never going to be citizen kane but did he have to use his big book of hollywood stereotypes when writing the characters?
the nerdy kid who comes good in the end, the jocks girlfriend who's actually cool and , heaven forbid, knows about cars, the sexy brainy chick with the friend who plays computer games but is actually a cryptography genius. and OP's cheesey hero voice.
gadzooks man!

hardly ever going to be citizen kane, now was it?
:rolleyes:

reverse psychology...
;)
- leigh

One drunken night I and a mate called Paddy thought it would be great if we renamed ourselves "Seánotron" and "Paddymus Prime".

It didn't stick.

On Sherkin Island, at about 3 am a few of us were shambling back to the gaff, respectably locked.
We thought we heard something a bit back up the road, and thought it must have been the rest of the lads heading back from the pub too, because it was a quiet enough road. Ie, no one else used it. More of a lane really.
So we got into the ditch, and decided we would all spring out, at the crucial moment, as Velocoraptors.

We had been doing extensive Velocoraptor training that night at the pub, the Velocoraptor walk with the gimpy hands, the sounds, the swiveling head. Someone sang the National Anthem as a Velocoraptor. We more or less had is nailed.

So, as we are lying in the ditch, gathering up leaves and branches etc to use as Velocoraptor costumes, perfectly quiet.

And along they come, also silently.

Just as they were on us, about 10 of us rocketed out of the ditches, in full velocoraptor regalia, walking, and making extremely loud velocraptor shrieks and howls shattering the West Cork night.

Obviously it was not our mates though. It was a German couple.
Yesh.

I can't remember how they responded. One of those things you blank from your memory sort of thing. They were quite surprised though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back