Born Dead/Captain Spaulding/Tunguska/Divisions Ruin/Skit The Bed (1 Viewer)

As far as I'm aware that was only Hafeez, from our band, and only because he's not from here and wasn't aware that it's not okay for the performers to bring their own alcohol.
No was at least 2 others, only thing in their favour was that it was choas by the last band and thats when it was more prevalent :)

something like this, maybe:

n723010530_1482771_3733.jpg

a picture of a climate scientist flying to conferences 5 times a year, or leaving their computer on 24 hours a day to run models of anthropogenic climate forcing, might also be suitable.

Not everyone reads Eirecore like.

:eek: who wouldnt read eirecore???

no, agreed. most people that i notice drinking cans are either on holidays here, or dont read eirecore anyway. they cant be expected to be psychic. if it was any other genre of gigs, you wouldnt expect cans, but punk venues around the world might be in squats, comunity centres or places where people dont care if booze is around. also, the vibe punk gives off is that its cool to sit around drinking cheap booze, finding ways around spending lots of money etc. before anyone replies angrily, i dont mean YOU have this idea of punk, i mean its a loose stereotype. (and cheap booze IS cool!!;))
politely asking people to go around the corner with their cans because D.I.Y gigs will loose one of the only tolerant venues is more sensible than internal bitching on this forum, where we all have a tendancy to condesend each other by preaching things we all already know.

yeah but karen,that's the point, people WERE asked politely to not do it and still did it. by people who are now posting on here about it.it's not like we're just posting on here and said nothing at the time.

It might be an idea to post a short notice on the door explaining the situtation? It could draw outsiders' attention to the problem, alright, but it might also stop people before they actually start drinking their tins...

punk police enrollment and training in seomra spraoi this weekend

First they drank the cans, and no-one spoke up.
Then they drank the cans, and someone said do it somewhere else.
Then when they did it somewhere else, there was no-one left to drink the cans.
The horror.

I propose pouring all the cans into the canal. It's not called the CANal just for fun you know. That way the revolution will come a lot quicker.

But without cans there probably won't be so many pyramids, circle pits and pile-ons, and to tell the truth, the only good part about the revolution is smashin stuff and loads of free sex afterwards...and pyramids, circle pits and pile-ons are better anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back