Bomb attacks in london (1 Viewer)

jane said:
Whatever about Blair being Bush's lapdog, he at least sounds sincerely shaken and genuinely upset, whereas, after 9/11, Bush just sounded like a bomb-crazy lunatic. As usual.

The thing is, I imagine they'd rather underestimate the casualties and count them as they go, than do what they did on 9/11 and say something like "50,000 dead" and count DOWN as they found survivors, which was insanely sensationalist and unnecessarily moribund.
Bush went running to some tenesee underground mountain complex after 9/11, a real leader of the people.
Will skys text poll declare who did it, you gotta love the polls.

kirstie said:
I was listening to an expert who said it's never easy to judge at the beginning what the casualities and fatalities will be like because they tend to see the minor stuff first, the people who can literally walk their wounds into hospitals.

what a thing to be an expert in.

p.s. i'm joking to relieve the fucking fuckedness

ah she was some form of security expert.

they're saying it was a suicide bomber on the bus..

broken arm said:
what a thing to be an expert in.

p.s. i'm joking to relieve the fucking fuckedness

kirstie said:
I was listening to an expert who said it's never easy to judge at the beginning what the casualities and fatalities will be like because they tend to see the minor stuff first, the people who can literally walk their wounds into hospitals.

Oh, yeah, that makes sense.

What I meant was that I think it's actually wiser to wait than to assume that everyone is dead. The US media (and their government puppeteers) made sure that the biggest number of possible dead from 9/11 stuck in people's minds, better would it be to justify a war against someone they wanted to bomb anyway.

the date choice is obvious - its the start of the G8 summit.
clonan attack said:
Wonder which city will be next, was trying to read into 07/07 but nothing coming to mind like 9/11 or madrid happening 911days after New York, any mathmagicians?

spiritualtramp said:
that was posted on an italian news site. totally unconfirmed. I assume it was them though.

Unconfirmed reports of a suicide bomber on that bus...

Zeelander said:
Here's my rumour-mongering for the day... A girl I work with was just talking to a friend of hers on the phone; a fireman in London. Apparently he has already pulled 6 dead bodies out of the tube station and he says it looks like about 90 dead. Jesus Christ.

tube stations + rush hour = a hell of a lot of people

Hi, it's not like I doubt the existence of something called Al-Qaeda, but I'm not sure I believe it is quite the elaborately organised group we're led to assume it is.

I can't help but think it was pretty much invented by the US to give us a definable enemy because explaining that "A whole bunch of unaffiliated groups we've armed are now really pissed off that we've turned on them now that we don't need them anymore" reflects badly on western governments modi operandorum.

Oh my god, well, I can't be quite grasping this situation, as I'm still declining my Latin just fine.

O Tempora! O mores!

parking attendant Ade Soji, 35, of Dagenham, Essex, said he had to run for his life after the bus exploded.

He said: "I was helping a member of the public with directions when the bus stopped and the driver asked me the name of the street. I told him Tavistock Square and he called me over. Just as I was about to go, I heard the bus explode. In another second I would have been dead. I had to run for my life. I looked back and saw the roof flying over."

errr...was the driver the bomber?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back