Bomb attacks in london (1 Viewer)

coast to coast said:
Not quite. al-Qa'eda is very loosely organised via international financing, internet, etc. but it operates like a franchise. If some mad pricks want to blow up something in the spirit of al-Qa'eda they get called an al-Qa'eda splinter group. They don't operate from a head command point with a hierarchical structure like they're waiting for al-Zarqawi or bin Laden's go ahead (ironically I think al-Qa'eda means "the base" or something).

Also, a friend told me they apparently copy the styles of successful terrorist attacks of other organisations. But they do exist and they are complete cunts.

Like I said, it's not like I doubt the existence of such a group, but I don't believe it's the kind of invisible nation suggested by the western governments, who have necessarily made it into something that suits the tactics they want to use against anyone who pisses them off.

And, Mondo, I did see some of the Power of Nightmares. It was fucking terrifying.

jane said:
That's the thing. Every time they say 'Al-Qaeda', I hear 'convenient excuse for the US to play cover-up games and twist this into a justification for war'.

I was just thinking, it's Tony Blair's last term in power, he's said he'll leave before the next election... deadly if he decided not to get on the "war against terror" lets bomb a ravaged country train and actually try doing something constructive...

Man, Paris took losing the Olympics really hard, didn't they?

Paul

P.S. That's obviously a joke. I spent the morning running around town doing stuff, away from papers, TV and radio, so am only now hearing/reading about all this. Fucking horrifying.

Pantone247 said:
I was just thinking, it's Tony Blair's last term in power, he's said he'll leave before the next election... deadly if he decided not to get on the "war against terror" lets bomb a ravaged country train and actually try doing something constructive...

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Do you mean that you were just thinking, before all of this went down, that maybe Tony would use his circumstances to be useful to the planet, and that now he won't be able to?

Ah yeh, thats true. But sure I never listen to that pack of liars anyway (the US govt) so it doesn't really strike me as much. I did the whole al-Qa'eda thing in college.

But it must be said that Clinton had a big(ish) campaign against them that didn't really get much coverage. I hope no one considers them an invisible nation or a coherent little militia cos they're wrong. They're a gigantic bunch of cunts.

jane said:
I'm not quite sure what you mean. Do you mean that you were just thinking, before all of this went down, that maybe Tony would use his circumstances to be useful to the planet, and that now he won't be able to?

think it means that instead of getting his war on he'll use this as a basis to properly address some of the world's grievances against das west.

coast to coast said:
Ah yeh, thats true. But sure I never listen to that pack of liars anyway (the US govt) so it doesn't really strike me as much. I did the whole al-Qa'eda thing in college.

But it must be said that Clinton had a big(ish) campaign against them that didn't really get much coverage. I hope no one considers them an invisible nation or a coherent little militia cos they're wrong. They're a gigantic bunch of cunts.

So is the US government. Good match.

They must have opened a new wing at Guantanamo and are looking for an excuse to fill it.

How come all I can feel right now is spite towards my government?

And guilt?

liberals.jpg

jane said:

no I was thinking it like 30 seconds ago

will Tony do the "there is an old poster out west" scthick

or will he go "holy shit people, me and Bush have been seriously fucking up the planet for the last 3 or 4 years... lets sort this shit out"

obviously that's not *exactly* what he's going to say... but now that he doesn't have his "career" to think about he might stop kissing Bush's ass

dig?

Pantone247 said:
no I was thinking it like 30 seconds ago

will Tony do the "there is an old poster out west" scthick

or will he go "holy shit people, me and Bush have been seriously fucking up the planet for the last 3 or 4 years... lets sort this shit out"

obviously that's not *exactly* what he's going to say... but now that he doesn't have his "career" to think about he might stop kissing Bush's ass

dig?

unfortunately there's still the economic impulses to engage in wars around the world, that were there before 9/11 and haven't really been altered by it...

paisely is talking in the commons now on 5 live, christ.

I know, cringegasm.
oh shit said:
unfortunately there's still the economic impulses to engage in wars around the world, that were there before 9/11 and haven't really been altered by it...

paisely is talking in the commons now on 5 live, christ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back