Bomb attacks in london (1 Viewer)

P. Littbarski

i hope this isnt true...apparently around 3 or 4 bombs have exploded in london on the tube and on a couple of buses. i cant get to any news websites at the moment. has anyone heard anything more about this ?

P. Littbarski said:
i hope this isnt true...apparently around 3 or 4 bombs have exploded in london on the tube and on a couple of buses. i cant get to any news websites at the moment. has anyone heard anything more about this ?

News websites are jammed... heading down to the telly now.

from rte.ie:

[font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica]Tube shut down after 'major' incident[/font][font=Arial, Verdana, Helvetica]

07 July 2005 10:42
[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It is reported that London's entire underground system is being shut down following what is being described as a major incident.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Meanwhile, Scotland Yard has confirmed that there was an explosion on a bus in central London.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]At least one other explosion has taken place on a second bus. A number of people have been injured. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Advertisement[/font]

[/font] [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]News agency reports make no mention of any terrorist involvement, but union officials have been quoted by the Press Association as saying they had been told of at least one explosive device on the tube. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Scotland Yard has said it has been receiving reports of multiple explosions across the British capital.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]British Transport Police said the first incident on the tube occurred between Liverpool Street station and Aldgate on the Metropolitan line, shortly before 9am this morning.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It said the incident was thought to have been caused by a collision between two trains, a power cut or a power cable explosion.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The stations have been evacuated, as has King's Cross.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A second incident has occurred at the Edgeware Road station in northwest London, near Paddington. Two trains remain stuck in the station.[/font]

P. Littbarski said:
This off the BBC site (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4659093.stm)

Several injured in London blasts
King's Cross
Passengers were evacuated from King's Cross station
Several people have been injured after explosions on the Underground network and a double-decker bus in London.

A police spokesman said there were "quite a large number of casualties" at Aldgate Tube Station.

And Scotland Yard confirmed one of several reports of explosions on buses in the city - in Tavistock Place - but said the cause was not yet known.

One caller to BBC Five said his friend had seen "the bus ripped open like a can of sardines and bodies everywhere."

PA also quoted union officials as saying sources had told them there had been at least one explosive device on the Underground.

British Transport Police Surges took place at Aldgate, Edgware Road, King's Cross, Old Street and Russell Square stations.

Scotland Yard confirmed they were assisting with a "major incident" and said there were casualties.

A spokesman said officers were called out to Aldgate station at 8.50am to assist City of London and British Transport Police.

"All of the emergency services are on scene. There have been some casualties. This has been declared as a major incident," said the spokesman. "It's too early to state what has happened at this stage," he said.

The National Grid, which supplies power to the Underground, said there had been no problems with its system which could have contributed to the incidents.

'Screaming and crying'

Jacqui Head, from BBC News, who had just left King's Cross station on a Piccadilly Line train as an explosion happened, said: "Everything was normal. Suddenly there was a massive bang, the train jolted.

"There was immediately smoke everywhere and it was hot and everybody panicked. People started screaming and crying."

The train was kept in the tunnel for 20 minutes and no announcement was made to explain the delay to passengers, she added.

London Fire Brigade said four crews were at Liverpool Street and more were on their way.

Another passenger, who had left the Tube at Fenchurch Street Station, and walked to Aldgate East, told BBC Five Live that he saw injured people.

"As I walked through the bus station I could see people lying on the ground, black, as if they'd been covered in smoke. There were about three or four people on the floor being treated."

Eyewitness Paul Woloszyn from BBC News, who was at Blackhorse Road station on the Victoria Line, said: "We were told there was a bomb at Liverpool Street station.

"I was on the Tube, and they stopped the train and told everyone to get off and evacuate the station."

He said staff had said the entire Tube network had been affected, and leaflets had been handed out with details of alternative bus routes.

Another eyewitness, Dorothy Molloy, had been on a Tube train at King's Cross and said "staff just chucked everyone out of the station".

She said staff there had not given any details, but she said two passengers she had spoken to had said they had received messages saying there had been bombs.

"People didn't really know what was going on, they were just huffing and puffing and saying how annoying it was," she said.

"People don't seem to be panicked, but there's so many police and ambulances coming into the areas. People are just concerned, and some are just annoyed at the delay."

I could post what people are saying on talkboards.

for example: The bus my girlfriend is on has just been commandeered by the police outside Kings Cross to be used for "major casualties

is it just a coincidence that the g8 talks start today? me thinks not. sounds like a much smaller scale than al queida are capable of. they dont get out of bed for less than 1000 pounds of plastic explosives. i reckon its the tree hugging anti capitalists. with bombs.

they've managed to shut the entire tube network, cripple transport in london and totally disrupt all train services from around the country. that's not just some band of messers, no fucking way.
Donkey OJ said:
is it just a coincidence that the g8 talks start today? me thinks not. sounds like a much smaller scale than al queida. i reckon its the tree hugging anti capitalists. with bombs.

Donkey OJ said:
is it just a coincidence that the g8 talks start today? me thinks not. sounds like a much smaller scale than al queida are capable of. they dont get out of bed for less than 1000 pounds of plastic explosives. i reckon its the tree hugging anti capitalists. with bombs.
It's pretty serious for tree huggers. It looks like there are 'casualties', i.e. dead people. A half a bus flying through the air like.

as far as i can gether theres a rumour of a bomb at liverpool street which is at the moment unsubstanciated, the rest of the explosions are as a result of power surges due to the first explosion, bbc news was sayin a bus was ripped apart from one of the explosions near a tube station, fuckin hell this sounds really fuckin bad either ways,

from the guardian:

Many hurt in London blasts

Sarah Left and agencies
Thursday July 7, 2005

Many people were hurt today in a major incident on the London transport network as at least two explosions were reported on the tube, at least two buses were ripped apart in suspected bomb blasts and London's transport network was plunged into chaos.

Union officials said their sources had told them there had been at least one explosive device on the Underground. A Sky News producer who was evacuated from Kings Cross and was walking towards Russell Square also reported seeing an explosion on a bus. He said the blast was caused by a bomb, and said people with "blood injuries" emerged from the bus. Scotland Yard could not immediately confirm the report.

Article continues
Shortly after 10am Laura Matthews, a press officer at Universities UK, which has offices in nearby Tavistock Square, said she had seen bodies lying around, some without arms or legs. "Get people down here quickly," she sobbed. She thought a bomb had gone off and was trying to evacuate her office.

British Transport police said several power surges had caused explosions across the network at Aldgate, Old Street, Kings Cross, Russell Square and Edgware Road. Emergency services crews attended wounded passengers outside Aldgate station, and there were reports of passengers covered in soot emerging from King's Cross. Travellers emerged from tunnels covered in blood.

Eyewitnesses reported "multiple casualties" at Liverpool Street. One witness who had been in a train at the time of the explosions reported seeing "bodies everywhere" in the carriages and limbs lying in on the floor. Emergency services reported several injuries. Scotland Yard declared the emergency a "major incident".

The incidents caused a complete shutdown of the London Underground system, which is thought to be unprecedented. LU confirmed the incidents had been caused by "something to do with the power supply".

A British Transport police spokesman said that two trains remain stuck in tunnels at Edgware Road, but it is not known if they have collided or if passengers remain onboard.

"It's difficult to know exactly what is going on at the moment," he said. "The initial report came from Liverpool Street, but there are incidents occurring across the network."

He said that officers have been sent into the network to assist with rescue operations.

"Officers are working at tunnel and platform level to help get people out and to help find out what has happened," he said.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/transport/Story/0,2763,1523084,00.html

totally fucked up. they've blown up buses and tube stations. motherfucking cunts. whatever about scotland yard, but fuck sake. theres a photo on skynews showing what looks like a bus in bits. jesus.

broken arm said:
actually fuck that. someone may be dead

edit: stupid.

I've read the same and worse comments than your post written by londoners.

London ambulance service says it is very stetched and can now only respond to life-threatening cases.

try to listen to bbc london or 5 live, loads of reports. people are reporting seeing dead bodies so there are for sure fatalities.
spiritualtramp said:
3 bus explosions

explosion tavistock square. there will be a commons statement at 12.15pm

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back