Bomb attacks in london (1 Viewer)

minka said:
glad to hear she's ok.

i think some of the networks are at limited capacity rather than off altogether.

Yeah, I feel kind of guilty, though, for some reason, that I could get through and so many people can't.

This is all so scary.

It's going to get much worse.

There is no way this isn't going to be used as an excuse for war.

update from sky news:

DEATHS IN TERROR ATTACKS

A number of people have been killed and dozens injured in a large-scale terrorist attack on London.

At least six bomb blasts have been reported in locations across the city on buses and Tube stations.
Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Ian Blair said there was evidence of explosives at at least one of the six sites.
Scotland Yard has denied reports they were warned of an attack by Israel minutes before the blasts.
Two people have been killed and at least 90 people were injured in the explosion at Aldgate Station.
Home Secretary Charles Clarke spoke of "terrible injuries".
Witness Belinda Seabrook said she saw an explosion rip though a bus as it approached Russell Square.
"I was on the bus in front and heard an incredible bang. I turned round and half the double decker bus was in the air," she said.

Bus destroyed by blast

Another witness, Angie, told Sky News: "There were a whole lot of people around the bus. Next thing I was on the floor and there were a lot of people on me.
"I thought I was going to be crushed. The bus was ripped out at the back. It must have been a bomb."
The entire Tube network has been shut down following the blasts at Aldgate, Edgware Road, King's Cross, Old Street and Russell Square.
It is understood several people have been wounded in the underground blasts, with one unconfirmed eyewitness telling Sky News he saw "bodies on the line".
British Transport Police confirmed there are "walking wounded" and said paramedics have responded to one report of a person classed as "life at risk".

Injured treated at Aldgate

"It's chaos, with people trying to work out what has happened," said a spokesman.
One witness said the packed underground train he was on was 200 metres from King's Cross when there was a huge flash.
The train stopped and people were using umberellas to smash windows of the trains. Passengers were led out of the train by underground staff.
He added people were milling around King's Cross covered in soot.
Clare Benson, 33, a city banker from Kensington, was on a tube at Edware Road where the second incident took place.
"I was in the last carriage at the back of the train nearest the tunnel when I heard a huge bang - you could feel it," she said.
"The lights went off for a couple of minutes and people were scared and wondering what to do.
"The drivers got out and were looking into the tunnel, then they announced that we should evacuate. My ears are still ringing and I was shaking."

Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: "" The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

The Al Quaeda effect

Bag'o'cans said:
I actually saw the 2nd plane crash live on sept 11, this is shit being behind a computer.

yeah me too. actually a friend of mine came home from new york the day before the sep 11th attacks, had been working close to the area and used to eat breakfast in the trade centre before work. he lives in london at the moment and is home for the past couple of days. fucking mental - I'm sure he's tweaking out about friends yet again.

Bag'o'cans said:
I actually saw the 2nd plane crash live on sept 11, this is shit being behind a computer.

I work in reception, where we have a TV. I've got Sky News on, and volume up. I'm getting really pissed off that my phones here are still hopping as usual with regular business. Everyone should just chill out, watch some telly and find out what the fuck is going on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back