Bomb attacks in london (2 Viewers)

Terrorist attacks bookend my college career with alarming precision. My mum's just gone over this morning. Fucking dreadful for so many reasons. Hope everyone's peeps are alright.

i know its early days but it doesnt seem a fraction as severe as either New York or Madrid thank god.

Sick of the british coverage already, such rumour-mongerers suggesting everything from suicide bombers to extremist anti-globalisation organisations,
they should fuck up until some official statements are made

avernus said:
yeah me too. actually a friend of mine came home from new york the day before the sep 11th attacks, had been working close to the area and used to eat breakfast in the trade centre before work. he lives in london at the moment and is home for the past couple of days. fucking mental - I'm sure he's tweaking out about friends yet again.

I was meant to get a PATH train from Jersey City to the WTC stop to meet some friends for breakfast nearby, but I had a hangover and overslept. I watched the towers fall from just on the other side of the Hudson, and Builing 7 (or was it 5) from even closer.

My friend Joe worked for Cantor Fitzgerald, where almost everyone was killed. He was also late with a hangover and got off the train just as shit was going down.

BOOZE SAVES LIVES, PEOPLE.

jane said:
I was meant to get a PATH train from Jersey City to the WTC stop to meet some friends for breakfast nearby, but I had a hangover and overslept. I watched the towers fall from just on the other side of the Hudson, and Builing 7 (or was it 5) from even closer.

My friend Joe worked for Cantor Fitzgerald, where almost everyone was killed. He was also late with a hangover and got off the train just as shit was going down.

BOOZE SAVES LIVES, PEOPLE.

jesus. hangovers huh.

clonan attack said:
i know its early days but it doesnt seem a fraction as severe as either New York or Madrid thank god.

Sick of the british coverage already, such rumour-mongerers suggesting everything from suicide bombers to extremist anti-globalisation organisations,
they should fuck up until some official statements are made
I don't know, I reckon they're no releasing the numbers yet. Despite hearing of only about 2 fatalaties, there was a report a little while ago from a tube driver who witnessed the explosion on the Kings Cross tube and basically that there was 'nothing left' of the first carriage. That seems like more than two deaths. And there have been 6 explosions around London.

Listening to Blair now giving a statement. He sounds pretty shook. As you would I suppose...

ive got english radio one playing- tony blair is saying that the g8 meeting will continue in his abscence...

he is saying that it is a terrorist attack- and its 'designed and aimed to coincide with the opening of the g8'

very sad...innocent people like us on their way to work.

Me too.
If people cant get through sky news have a scrolling service where you can send messages.Chances of seeing it are slim though:(

Tony Blair about to make official statement.

Edit:He looked really rattled.not looking forward to the backlash from this.
GARYXKNIFEDX said:
I have to go to work now.

boigaz said:
Listening to Blair now giving a statement. He sounds pretty shook. As you would I suppose...

Whatever about Blair being Bush's lapdog, he at least sounds sincerely shaken and genuinely upset, whereas, after 9/11, Bush just sounded like a bomb-crazy lunatic. As usual.

The thing is, I imagine they'd rather underestimate the casualties and count them as they go, than do what they did on 9/11 and say something like "50,000 dead" and count DOWN as they found survivors, which was insanely sensationalist and unnecessarily moribund.

I was listening to an expert who said it's never easy to judge at the beginning what the casualities and fatalities will be like because they tend to see the minor stuff first, the people who can literally walk their wounds into hospitals.

jane said:
Whatever about Blair being Bush's lapdog, he at least sounds sincerely shaken and genuinely upset, whereas, after 9/11, Bush just sounded like a bomb-crazy lunatic. As usual.

The thing is, I imagine they'd rather underestimate the casualties and count them as they go, than do what they did on 9/11 and say something like "50,000 dead" and count DOWN as they found survivors, which was insanely sensationalist and unnecessarily moribund.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back