Boardwalk Empire Season 3 (6 Viewers)

Eddie Kessler
Eddie-infobox.png

I'm on episode 8 of season 3 - epic is the only word for it. I thought the last couple of episodes felt like fillers up to that point. This season would have have been flat imo if it weren't for Gyp Rossetti and where the hell is Chalky?

I'm on episode 8 of season 3 - epic is the only word for it. I thought the last couple of episodes felt like fillers up to that point. This season would have have been flat imo if it weren't for Gyp Rossetti and where the hell is Chalky?

Sorry pal, you're out of your mind. Gyp is one of many brilliant characters in the show. I think it's a testament to the writers and the cast that I've barely noticed Jimmy's absence from this season. Best show on television.

Sorry pal, you're out of your mind. Gyp is one of many brilliant characters in the show. I think it's a testament to the writers and the cast that I've barely noticed Jimmy's absence from this season. Best show on television.

There are but we don't get to see enough of them, Chalky and Van Alden being good examples. Gyp Rosseti's character is essential to this success of this season, without him you have no story, no build up, no war brewing. He is one hard core gangster and its the shot in the arm that the season needed. Episodes 6 and 7 felt like fillers, there were pointless little subplots that went nowhere. Margaret Schroder character isn't getting anywhere either, she should have been got rid a long time ago.

I think, well hope, we'll get to see a lot more of Van Alden and Capone in the coming episodes. I don't know what they're doing with Chalky. It feels like there's nowhere in the story to convincingly fit him in so he's been relegated to basically cameo appearances as Nucky's muscle.

Gyp Rosseti's character is essential to this success of this season, without him you have no story, no build up, no war brewing. He is one hard core gangster and its the shot in the arm that the season needed.

That's the writers jobs, innit? To create characters whose actions drive the plot forward.

I think, well hope, we'll get to see a lot more of Van Alden and Capone in the coming episodes. I don't know what they're doing with Chalky. It feels like there's nowhere in the story to convincingly fit him in so he's been relegated to basically cameo appearances as Nucky's muscle.

Funny enough you should say that as I think we might see him being used more esp after the latest episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back