BIG Galway News!!!!! (1 Viewer)

gugai said:
Anyone coming down for the summer?
We're putting on an afternoon of improv in the arts centre, second saturday of the Arts Festival.
We might even be able to go to a gig on a saturday night in Galway!
This is really good news. It's hard to believe how shit Galway has been given the large young population in such a small area.
Any chance of a support slot with The Conquerors sometime?

desertedvillage said:
We're putting on an afternoon of improv in the arts centre, second saturday of the Arts Festival.
We might even be able to go to a gig on a saturday night in Galway!
This is really good news. It's hard to believe how shit Galway has been given the large young population in such a small area.
Any chance of a support slot with The Conquerors sometime?

Sorry, the Arts Festival has been booked up! Will do something with you soon though!

Man, everyone just wants to play with The Conquerors. Just to say they did.....

congratulations man. roisin is a cool venue and in the right hands has loads of potential to whip up a regular good music storm in galway. glad ger is staying - he was very helpful and decent to us when we were there recently.

good luck with it.

derrick
ellison9.

gugai said:
Sorry, the Arts Festival has been booked up! Will do something with you soon though!

Man, everyone just wants to play with The Conquerors. Just to say they did.....
The Conquerors! Jaysis...any chance of getting Brendan Shine. You'll be quids in!

fat slide said:
hi gugai, davey from ellison9 here, met you down in the warwick the other week with liz. so, this is the big news under your hat! that's truely brilliant, fair play. hope you'll have us down!

I will indeed, after I've settled in a bit...When September comes, that is when the real fun begins, yes?

Right, quick update. We take over on June 17th, and the first night I've booked is a free gig on the 18th, which will feature the NPB, Life After Modelling and Adrian Crowley. This is very appropiate, because the NPB were the first band from outside of Galway I ever worked with about 7/8 years ago. Wow.

Keep an eye out for the Handsome Family tour schedule, Gugai. There was no Galway date on the last two tours after four great shows in as many years at the Roisin. Harumph.

.|..|

Ah, balls. And I won't be there to see it. A great duo though.

Fuck you St. Martin's Magazine. The Far East eats cock.

And so on.

Nice one Mr. Gugai Sir,

eh.. boys...chill some of you, taking the whole galway bashing a bit far... i'll set my scabby dog on you....

Galway is a sound town... it needs better gigs and stuff but anyone at enso recently or taken a jaunt down to the arts centre to check out the experimental chat.... (chat by the way is a galwayism which encompasses almost anything).....

anyway my town is cool, your town sucks, where's me lollipop and dirty nappy entrails.....

I know I'm a bit late but congrats Gugai. Hope all goes very well for ya.

Leavin' Dublin for Galway for the summer hols, although that could all change if the job situation doesn't figure itself out.

Well, let's hope we can keep you entertained in the new Roisin.
For more details, the new fancy ass roisindubh.net will be up soon.

I suppose it's time to say goodbye to this thread....It's been good to me....Thanks for all the congratulations and stuff. First proper gig in the RD on June 18 with NPB, LAM and AC.

Dudley, where are my rep points, you rat bastard.........

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back