BIG Galway News!!!!! (1 Viewer)

gugai

Website
www.roisindubh.net
Well, i think it's pretty big anyway. So here it is. Last Saturday, myself and three legitimate business partners bought the Roisin Dubh in Galway. We'll be taking over on June 17th and fully intend to restore it, and by extension, Galway to its former glory. You're all invited for pints over the summer. More details soon..... .|..|

finally the news has broken, congrats man. will be on to you very very soon. everyone was sick of shit gigs in galway, no worries anymore.

just to clarify, this is gugai here posting the news about the Roisin Dubh. This is not a Joke. As serious as your life. Let the good times roll.

No, i'm happy with that in the warwick. we're going to have to keep a couple of the cover bands there until we get a proper feel for the place and not to scare away anyone.......

There are a few worried heads around. A rep from a certain nightclub in town has already been warning them the galway indo that they're going to be going over the ents section with a microscope to look for any bias....

There's still going to be trad gigs on there, of course. That's part of the place. Autamata and the Jimmy Cake have been confirmed for the Arts Festival

Brilliant news. I'm fucken thrilled for you man, and about time someone took the bull by the horns in Galway. Roisin's used to be a magical place, my favourite venue in the country at one point, then it just died in the past few years. The last decent gig of note there was Doves and Starsailor about 4 years ago. Awesome night. Nothing but shite covers bands since.

The Midland massive will be down in due course to toast yout good fortune man. Wishing you every success with it.

cool. best of luck with it. i used to live across from roisin dubh for a while about 3 years ago. there used to be this cover band who seemed to be always playing there but they always played the exact same shit set. same fucking jokes and everything. it's a really nice venue but there was fuck all on there really while i was in galway. was a really nice place for a pint though.

yeah, I went to galway for a weekend a few years back chasing a girl i met in london and there was NOTHING to do, all the pubs were playing trad or chart, one of the most musically boring weekends I've ever had.

legged it out of there pronto and never saw her again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back