Beth Ditto - shut up (1 Viewer)

Being twice as big as her in pretty much every dimension I really wonder how much shit I would ever get if I got in the limelight. I recall there was a fat bloke who fronted Ultrasound years ago and that was all that was said about the band that their lead singer was a fat bloke like. He also liked wearing
wymen's
clothing too. Judge me not on my girth but on the content of my character.

That was pretty much their selling point though, wasn't his nickname even Tiny? Their music was shit. People might go "Jesus Frank Black got fat" from time to time but he still made some fantastic records. Which is the main thing.

whatever you people who
dont
like her think about what she says about herself, her size really has nothing to do with it.

in a world saturated with size zeros i think we should be applauding women who embrace their curves/fat rather than berating them for it.

It's one thing to be comfortable about yourself, another to be in such a state that you're at serious risk from all sorts of problems and then make a virtue of it. I'd wager that her and I are about the same weight, I'm probably heavier than she is in fact and even though I've got a bigger frame then hers and a lot more muscle packed on my knees are fucked, not to mention the internal problems I've probably developed with 20+ years of being a fat fucker. Go me.

i can only see her as a positive role model for those who
dont
really have a role model in popular culture.

People shouldn't have role models in popular culture; footballers, musicians, whatever, they can fuck off. Your parents are supposed to be your role modes.

the media has decided to concentrate on her size and she's more than willing to play the game.

if she's willing to play the game and the game in the media these days is being thin then she should have no problem with anyone here slagging her over her weight. I have so far refrained from mentioning it and will continue to to so, I only wish she was the same.

why the fuck wouldnt she use this as a platform to talk about herself. i can only see her as a positive role model for those who dont really have a role model in popular culture. shes not going to change peoples attitudes overnight and its unfortunate that the very mag thats championing them will be the very mag that will knock her down. still, im glad to see someone like her have her moment.
Fair enough. I just don't like popstars who try and be both popstars and 'underground' stars (for want of better terminology) and I don't like when people try and sell this underground status/radical feminism to further their own popstarism.

Dear Thumped,

I'm sorry for starting this thread, she was just wrecking my head with her mouthings off. I'm probably just a bit of a fool for still wanting to believe in popstars in this day and age.

Tallaght with good lookin burds, wha?

you startin' wha'?
a guy tried it on with me at the bus stop earlier on because he said i skipped the queue. admitedly i did, but it made me want to beat the shit out of him for coming anywhere near me and opening his big fat fucking mouth...
other than that, my day was great...

!ninjaaaa
- leigh

you startin' wha'?
a guy tried it on with me at the bus stop earlier on because he said i skipped the queue. admitedly i did, but it made me want to beat the shit out of him for coming anywhere near me and opening his big fat fucking mouth...
other than that, my day was great...

!ninjaaaa
- leigh

snared rapih!

snared rapih!

voices_scousers_200x150.jpg

there's something about her on the mongrel website.

here.

doesn't seem to have anything to do with thumped feeling threatened by her tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back