Beth Ditto - shut up (1 Viewer)

One last thing - If Ms Ditto is so right on, she might want to have a word with one of her band members for wearing a Burzum patch (newsflash:Nazi bands don't generally approve of the overweight,lesbian or female for that matter) in some magazine a few weeks back.Way to look like a clueless idiot.

:eek:
maybe it was being worn "ironically"?

i really, really like their music (not so much the latest album), and also enjoy seeing someone beautiful and happily and unapologetically fat rocking out.

Agreed. Also, the remarks being made about Ditto are far more obnoxious than those made in the recent thread about Tad Doyle, who was similarly overweight (and crapped himself onstage).

I think it's fair enough that she's not willing to play in a shop that refuses to design clothes for women her size. As she said, she can play anywhere she likes, so she can set her own criteria.

It also appears that Thumped dudes are threatened by women who don't care if men find them attractive or not.

funny how in a thread about how you hate how she talks about herself so much it's gotten to 7 pages now.

talking about her.

she'd love this!

where DID i put that irony emoticon?

Being twice as big as her in pretty much every dimension I really wonder how much shit I would ever get if I got in the limelight. I recall there was a fat bloke who fronted Ultrasound years ago and that was all that was said about the band that their lead singer was a fat bloke like. He also liked wearing wymen's clothing too. Judge me not on my girth but on the content of my character.

It also appears that Thumped dudes are threatened by women who don't care if men find them attractive or not.

I'm not.
And anything I've read about this Ditto woman suggests that she's more than aware of how she looks and appears to other people - and is quite proud of that.

Anyway, Mero is sexier.

Being twice as big as her in pretty much every dimension I really wonder how much shit I would ever get if I got in the limelight. I recall there was a fat bloke who fronted Ultrasound years ago and that was all that was said about the band that their lead singer was a fat bloke like. He also liked wearing wymen's clothing too. Judge me not on my girth but on the content of my character.

You're very sexually attractive.

At the risk of sounding defensive, I also am not threatened by this, like Billy, though I can't speak for other guys here.

I would say that nearly all women don't care whether I, personally, find them attractive or not.

At the risk of sounding defensive, I also am not threatened by this, like Billy, though I can't speak for other guys here.

I would say that nearly all women don't care whether I, personally, find them attractive or not.
The fact that you are attractive is also indifferent to me.

What if you've not read/heard much interview coverage from her and you thought their hit was pretty fucking shit?

yar. Can never seem to get interested in anything but what people actually produce. Plus, and irrelevantly , biographies and autobiographies should be published after the demise of the subject, if possible. obviously an autobiography would need to be writted beforehand, I'm not a cabbage like.

whatever you people who dont like her think about what she says about herself, her size really has nothing to do with it.

in a world saturated with size zeros i think we should be applauding women who embrace their curves/fat rather than berating them for it.

whatever you people who dont like her think about what she says about herself, her size really has nothing to do with it.

in a world saturated with size zeros i think we should be applauding women who embrace they're curves/fat rather than berating them for it.

FIFIbook_bf16.gif

someone mentioned that being obese is both bad for your health and on the rise...so maybe thats why people don't like her as a role model? who knows?? its pretty hard to get any sincerity on thumped tho....

funny how in a thread about how you hate how she talks about herself so much it's gotten to 7 pages now.

talking about her.

she'd love this!

where DID i put that irony emoticon?

It's only 4 pages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back