Beth Ditto - shut up (1 Viewer)

you guys should all refute the accusations of fattism by posting pictures of other famous fat chicks you find hot
nora_batty3.jpg

i didn't slag her off because of her size. a lot of other people on the thread also avoided that - instead, they made well-thought-out, intelligent, pointed observations about her music and opinions, which were relevant and constructive. sayin.

Nah, it wasn't you I was objecting to, it was the people who made the gags about hot dogs and blocking out the sun.

sheesh,. people are so sensitive

If ever anyone starts slagging devilishly handsome , highly intelligent and supremely talented 30-something white males I will take it all in good humour

with regard to beth ditto, Beth Ditto (born 1981) is the vocalist of American band The Gossip. She is from Arkansas.[1]

Ditto came to wider public attention in November 2006 when she was selected by NME as the coolest person in rock - being placed at number one in the magazine's annual 'Cool List'. The magazine cited her 'non-conformity'[2] as the reason for her selection - she is a lesbian, an outspoken advocate of gay rights, weighs around 15 stone [3], and is also in a relationship with a transgendered individual who was born a woman but identifies as a man. [4] [5]

The band's breakthrough song "Standing in the Way of Control" was written by Ditto as a response to her government's decision to deny gays the right to marriage in the U.S. "Nobody in the States was that surprised or shocked by what Bush did, but it made everyone I know feel helpless and cheated," Beth says. "I wrote the chorus to try and encourage people not to give up. It's a scary time for civil rights, but I really believe the only way to survive is to stick together and keep fighting."

Ditto was nominated for Sexiest Woman Of The Year in the NME Awards 2007, where she performed the Heaven 17 song "Temptation" with former Pulp frontman, Jarvis Cocker, although she lost out on the award to Kate Moss. She has also received criticism following a recent outburst in which she claimed that supporting Scissor Sisters on tour was "soul-sucking".[6]

[edit] Trivia
She has never eaten squirrels as is commonly misreported. However, her cousin[7] and father[8] did.
Says she doesn't wear deodorant, and also doesn't shave her armpits. "I think punks usually smell." she claims. [9]
She posed nude for On Our Backs, a women-run lesbian erotica magazine. "It was a big moment in my life," she told Curve magazine. "It was kind of a radical thing to do. I got my period just 10 minutes before we got there, and I was totally bleeding. I was doing it with my tranny boyfriend, who I’m in love with, and I was totally bleeding — how radical is that? — and I’m a fat person, and I’m a femme. It felt really good." [1]

with regard to beth ditto, Beth Ditto (born 1981) is the vocalist of American band The Gossip. She is from Arkansas.[1]

Ditto came to wider public attention in November 2006 when she was selected by NME as the coolest person in rock - being placed at number one in the magazine's annual 'Cool List'. The magazine cited her 'non-conformity'[2] as the reason for her selection - she is a lesbian, an outspoken advocate of gay rights, weighs around 15 stone [3], and is also in a relationship with a transgendered individual who was born a woman but identifies as a man. [4] [5]

The band's breakthrough song "Standing in the Way of Control" was written by Ditto as a response to her government's decision to deny gays the right to marriage in the U.S. "Nobody in the States was that surprised or shocked by what Bush did, but it made everyone I know feel helpless and cheated," Beth says. "I wrote the chorus to try and encourage people not to give up. It's a scary time for civil rights, but I really believe the only way to survive is to stick together and keep fighting."

Ditto was nominated for Sexiest Woman Of The Year in the NME Awards 2007, where she performed the Heaven 17 song "Temptation" with former Pulp frontman, Jarvis Cocker, although she lost out on the award to Kate Moss. She has also received criticism following a recent outburst in which she claimed that supporting Scissor Sisters on tour was "soul-sucking".[6]

[edit] Trivia
She has never eaten squirrels as is commonly misreported. However, her cousin[7] and father[8] did.
Says she doesn't wear deodorant, and also doesn't shave her armpits. "I think punks usually smell." she claims. [9]
She posed nude for On Our Backs, a women-run lesbian erotica magazine. "It was a big moment in my life," she told Curve magazine. "It was kind of a radical thing to do. I got my period just 10 minutes before we got there, and I was totally bleeding. I was doing it with my tranny boyfriend, who I’m in love with, and I was totally bleeding — how radical is that? — and I’m a fat person, and I’m a femme. It felt really good." [1]
snared rapid?

I'm going to start a Beth Ditto-focused newspaper called The Daily Basis. Unlike other newspapers, which are only filled with chips the day after they expire, this would have a one 'n one with every edition.

She is gay going out with a transgendered individual (born a woman identifying as a man)
She's jealous becuse Kate Moss beat her to Sexiest Women of Year
She's NME's coolest person of the year.
She's a punk but has no problem going on a "soul sucking" tour with Scissor Sisters.
She's radical.

Personally, I think if she talked more about the issues she wants to champion and less about herself she might not be hated so much but probably not be as famous either IMO.

She is gay going out with a transgendered individual (born a woman identifying as a man)

Has her boyfriend had a sex change or is s/he a woman who identifies him/herself as a man? If her boyfriend is now a man, but used to be a woman, that would hardly make her a lesbian would it?

Has her boyfriend had a sex change or is s/he a woman who identifies him/herself as a man? If her boyfriend is now a man, but used to be a woman, that would hardly make her a lesbian would it?

Dunno, it says they were born a woman but identifies as a man and they are a transgendered individual :confused:

I was just summising some points I read, mostly in Gorillamunch's post I might add.

Edit: this might help: http://intraa.tgcrossroads.org/connections/story/?aid=894&iid=37

So basically... being fat, white, American, hairy and smelly is cool now?

I see.
Ah no, being gay is crazy cool too.

Actually, I dunno why I am being such a prick. I am not hating her. She seems alright in interviews.
Its all these dudes and NME and things, giving it the whole she's Soooo alternative, she doesn't even shave her ARMPITS, they can seriously fuck the fuck off.
Middle aged balding white guys, desperately scrabbling around sniffing out what they want to cock their leg up against and piss on next.
SHE'S MINE. I FOUND HER FIRST!

Fuck.
Off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back