Beth Ditto - shut up (1 Viewer)

so let me get this straight.
the point of this thread is to whinge about beth ditto talking about herself and her band in interviews?
yeah, she really needs to shut up.

the point of this thread is whinging about beth ditto talking about herself and her band in interviews?
yeah, she really needs to shut up.

Talking about herself as opposed to her band.

Talking about herself as opposed to her band.

i cant imagine the bass playing alex james with a designer fringe from the gossip saying much though...

also, most of the emphasis on the band is on beth herself so its inevitably going to be the talking point in interviews.
shes got a point as well about kate moss, if for a minute we're to take an nme sexy list seriously, what the fuck does kate moss do, apart from shimmer in taxi's and swing out of bobby guillespie?

I don't read much music press so it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Kate Moss has been in a few music videos hasn't she and sang on a Babyshambles song too, should be perfect for the NME.

the point of this thread is to whinge about beth ditto talking about herself and her band in interviews?

pretty much, although she barely ever mentions her band or her music which I would actually like to hear about.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/showbiz/3am...objectid=18684744&siteid=89520-name_page.html

'She told the NME: "Noel said I had one of the best voices in rock. To me that's great. I had a huge poster on my wall in junior high. This was in Arkansas, where no one has heard of Oasis." '

Here she is supposed to be praising Noel Gallagher but instead is actually just telling everyone not only that she has a great voice but that she was the coolest teenager in the whole of Arkansas.

She just bugs me.

Here she is supposed to be praising Noel Gallagher but instead is actually just telling everyone not only that she has a great voice but that she was the coolest teenager in the whole of Arkansas.

yeah, i've just figured out where i am on this thread.

i really, really like their music (not so much the latest album), and also enjoy seeing someone beautiful and happily and unapologetically fat rocking out.

i think the reason her press stuff irritates me/breaks my heart is that she acts like i'd expect her to if she were about 17 or 18 and still consumed more than anything with shaking off the crap from where she grew up and how her personality was at odds with those around her - the kinda thing most of us do for a few years and then get over. and she just doesn't seem to be able to, or want to, get over any of it.

Most pop stars are pretty annoying. I'm kind of glad that there's a fat,gay and female pop star with a platform to shoot her mouth off no matter what people's opinions of her might be. The longer you repress someone the louder they are gonna shout if & when they finally get the opportunity.

Most pop stars are pretty annoying. I'm kind of glad that there's a fat,gay and female pop star with a platform to shoot her mouth off no matter what people's opinions of her might be. The longer you repress someone the louder they are gonna shout if & when they finally get the opportunity.

Good point.

Most pop stars are pretty annoying..

no-one in a band ever had anything worthwhile to say

no-one should listen to anything that comes out of a musicians mouth

unless they're a harmonica player

or they play the flute

edit: comb and paper/kazoo/whistle

but thats it

bassoon too

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back