Best pint in Camden St/Wexford St area? (1 Viewer)

What's that oul' pub on the left as you're walking up to Portobello Bridge/Pub? On eh, Richmond St., is it? Good?

O’Connell’s?

They do a decent sandwich but I’ve never drank there. It’s always on those “Doors of Dublin” postcards. It’s a local pub for local people, always the same bunch of lads hanging round outside it.

Corrigans is nice too. The barmen wear dickie bowes.
It's on Mountpleasant avenue, near Richmond Hill and the archway onto Mountpleasant Square there.

O’Connell’s?

They do a decent sandwich but I’ve never drank there. It’s always on those “Doors of Dublin” postcards. It’s a local pub for local people, always the same bunch of lads hanging round outside it.

They have excellent Guinness here. Lovely pub, everyone's friendly (except one of the barmen who can be a bit narky). You used to be able to smoke inside at last orders after the smoking ban, but I think they got into trouble.

Corrigans is nice too. The barmen wear dickie bowes.
It's on Mountpleasant avenue, near Richmond Hill and the archway onto Mountpleasant Square there.
Dickie Bowe? i know him well. we were at yale together. has a house in trevisio now i hear.

Oh yeah, O'Connell's.

Where's Corrigan's so?
That's it, O'Connell's. Must give it a go when the weather gets shite again. Never been in, but I'd always imagined the Guinness being great. Haven't been to Corrigan's for years, found it kinds soulless. And that's the way the Hill's gone since it got in with this Celtic Tiger crowd.

So has this thread just turned into a 'great pubs round Dublin'?

In that case, Neary's is great, the kind of place where you don't pay for anything till your on your way out. I always get good pints in Kennedy's and if youre out Rathfarnham way The Yellow House is an institution.

i was drinking in the bernard shaw last week (inside, not in the smoking area) when my friend said he saw a mouse.

it was only after we left he admitted it was actually a RAT. :eek:

(yes, he told the bar staff)

Southside city centre it seems.

People just like to talk about pubs.
Whaddyagonnado?

Which Kennedy's?

Nuffin, I love to talk about pubs. One of the best days ever was when we had a pub crawl of all the local pubs and rated them on atmosphere, the pints, price, talent, toilets and smoking area. You might think an elaborate way to decide upon your new local but it was a great day out for all involved.

Kennedy's on Westland Row

i was drinking in the bernard shaw last week (inside, not in the smoking area) when my friend said he saw a mouse.

it was only after we left he admitted it was actually a RAT. :eek:

(yes, he told the bar staff)

Its the kinda place I wouldn't be surprised to find a rat, I mean they sell buckfast.

So has this thread just turned into a 'great pubs round Dublin'?

In that case, Neary's is great, the kind of place where you don't pay for anything till your on your way out. I always get good pints in Kennedy's and if youre out Rathfarnham way The Yellow House is an institution.
Ah no, most of us have stuck to the Terms of Reference. But we might reconfigure the strategy matrix going forward by blueskying some new paradigms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back