best heckle? (1 Viewer)

as good a place as any for this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Its me and Ben Richards dream to go to gigs for small bands with black bomber jackets, thick yellow lettering on the back A&R (much like FBI jackets) notepads in hand, and leerat said band from the front of the stage shaking our heads and looking disappointed. Occasionally taking notes.

There was an old episode of This American Life where a gang of guys arranged to learn all the songs off myspace for some crappy band and turned up at one of their gigs pretending to be superfans. The band were expecting to play in front of 4 people and next thing there is 40 people in homemade t-shirts screaming along to the lyrics and waving their fists in the air.

Very cruel.

Lee Ranaldo performing a Text Of Light gig in the amphitheatre at Primavera 2005. There were only about 30 people in the place, in the front two rows.

Dude: "I really dig your band!"
Lee Ranaldo: "Thanks man"
Dude: "No - your other band"

There was an old episode of This American Life where a gang of guys arranged to learn all the songs off myspace for some crappy band and turned up at one of their gigs pretending to be superfans. The band were expecting to play in front of 4 people and next thing there is 40 people in homemade t-shirts screaming along to the lyrics and waving their fists in the air.

Very cruel.

That's weird. Something exactly similar happened to us at Electric Picnic. Now I get it ....

One for the Swords / Fingal folk I heard from friends...

School of Seven bells in Whelans:

One of the impossibly sexy/cool sisters says: 'So we're staying in Swords near the airport, we hung out there last night'

From the back in a Dublin accent: 'Did yiz go te Velvet?!!'

At Nick Cave's Q&A book reading thing in Vicar Street people were invited to ask questions or request songs. Some guy shouted "Do You Love Me? (pauses for a few seconds) That's not a request, that's my question"

Damien Dempsey in the NCH "I was born not too far from here in the Coombe" Immediately some guy shouts up "Southsider"

the begrudgers to any band on any occasion: "play some skaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!"
before they all turned into hipsters.

Melt Banana in TBMC a few years back

Lead singer: Our latest album is for sale at the merchandise table

Local Wag (Very Loud, in cod-asian accent): Ten Dollar!!

that Nick Cave Q&A was a clusterfuck!

nick had an "erotic dancer" silhouette projected onto the backdrop

during the Q&A...

Bint in the audience: "that's very sexist"

Nick: "fucking Irish!"

Audience: "she's fucking Australian!!"

Classic

some drunk fart heckled me in galway once:
drunk tit: you can't sing
me: you can't hold your drink, now fuck off
she left...
anyone who has ever seen me live will tell that she was technically correct though - i'm an abysmal singer

as good a place as any for this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

love the audience member at the end proclaiming "that was unnecessary" - quite a wallop though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back