best heckle? (3 Viewers)

leith talent said:
There's that old story about the Irish punk band The Atrix. They had a hit with "The Moon is Puce" back in the late 1970s.
A mate of mine from college went to see them support Stiff Little Fingers.
So they come on stage first and get straight into their big hit "The Moon is Puce". And the crowd love it.
Then they start their next song - and the crowd turn on them, throwing bottles and glasses at the stage. The crowd demanded "The Moon is Puce" to be played again.
Which they did.
And did again.
Until they played it six times in a row.
And that was their set.
That reminds me of a story i head about Pennywise supporting Bad Religion. Two night stint in New York somewhere. Bad Religion spent ages slagging Pennywise the first night, saying how they'd ripped off their sound yadda yadda. So the next night Pennywise come out and play Bad Religion's set and leave, thus leaving Bad Religion to play the same set of songs... Again...

cant really remember any, but I do think it was pretty cool last week when McSavage left the stage in a huff cos half of the audience in Voodoo were calling him a cunt.

Wavioli said:
cant really remember any, but I do think it was pretty cool last week when McSavage left the stage in a huff cos half of the audience in Voodoo were calling him a cunt.

ah lay off him, he's the Larry Bruce of our generation

'...At the same gig the cry of we're to cool to have a good time was funny as hell.'

He was bob on though. I nearly got lynched for coughing at that gig. Which prompted me and my mate to have an uncontrolable fit of the gigglies. We did the decent thing and left about 3 songs in. I'm still stunned at the level of misplaced reverance shown to that po faced bunch of guitar strumming haircuts.

I can't remember any good heckles, but I do remember 2 particulary vivid actions taken in response:
1. Beck throwing a wobbly in Manchester Apollo at persistanat crowd heckles, calls an intermission, comes back in full on Rhinestone Cowboy garb and starts to strum the song with his guitar. Heckles resume and he flings guitar to floor and starts ranting about '...travelling over 2,000 miles to play for you people' to a non-plussed crowd he hasn't managed to wow. He eventually walks off in frustration.
2. Rollins reading a poem at some Philo tribute in Point back in late 1990's, gets constantly heckled by someone in the crowd. Rollins throws the bad eye at the heckler to no avail. He tries to reason with the guy as only Rollins can. Heckler persists. Rollins jumps to front of stage and pointing straight at the guy roars in front of 8,000 middle aged nostalgia trippers [oh and Philomena]: '...next time i see you i'm gonna fuck you up like a car crash'. He goes off stage and about 10 minutes later comes back on and delivers a searing version of 'are you ready to rock?' with more punch than a kick boxing kangaroo....later my father declared it the performing high light of the night

the end

Bill Steer at Firebird gig-"I hear Incubis are in town too,I never heard them what do they sound like?"

Heckler-They sound like Carcass.

Seemed a lot funnier when not in print....

CONOR 'GREASY' DEASY ..'THIS SONG IS CALLED WHATEVER HAPPENED TO CORY HAIM'

RESPONSE- 'HE WAS SUPPOSE TO BE IN A FILM WITH KIDNEY BUT HE'S TOO FAT AND HE'S BACK IN REEEEHHAAABB!!'

WHELANS... TO DOT CREEK
'FUUCCKIN' BOOOOOOOO!!!'

through the magic of Google dot com

"Eric Douglas, the son of Kirk and brother of Michael, was being heavily heckled during his stand up act. After a while, annoyed, he shouts at the audience "Don't you know who I am? I'm Kirk Douglas's son!" After a moment one of the audience stands up and says, "No, I'm Kirk Douglas's son!". Somebody else stands and says the same thing, and then another stands up and says it, and another, and another until the entire audience are standing and saying it. "

I is John said:
through the magic of Google dot com

"Eric Douglas, the son of Kirk and brother of Michael, was being heavily heckled during his stand up act. After a while, annoyed, he shouts at the audience "Don't you know who I am? I'm Kirk Douglas's son!" After a moment one of the audience stands up and says, "No, I'm Kirk Douglas's son!". Somebody else stands and says the same thing, and then another stands up and says it, and another, and another until the entire audience are standing and saying it. "

Was the first guy Michael Douglas?

Member some other gut shouted
"get your trousers off"

No context..just "get your trousers off"

ReadySteadyJedi said:
The heckle at the mogwai gig last month was good

Guy: "you're very good"
Stuart Mogwai: "... thanks"
Guy: "you must practice a lot"
Stuart Mogwai: "... we do"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back