best heckle? (2 Viewers)

some guy shouting "summer of 69" at ryan adams. thought that was pretty sweet till i read he kicked someone out of a gig for saying that before.

also the jimmy carr gig had some pretty good ones.
"batter sausage and chip please"
"have you ever had a danger wank?"
"is there glue on your pockets?"

all actually shouted out by punters

aoboa said:
I seem to remember someone telling Slint to 'Cheer up' at Vicar St.

The disproportionate reverance and po-faced performance at that gig left it ripe for Hecklemania.

BRIAN MCMAHAN: Um, it's great to be in Ireland.
CROWD: sustained rapturous applause
LONE HECKLER: (as rapturous applause dies down to awed hush) Why?
BRIAN MCMAHAN:________________________________

I saw Ministry in an olympia-like venue in San Francisco years ago. I was in the balcony standing behind the sound desk and had a view of the set list.
I spent the whole encore shouting out 'requests' which the band miraculously ended up playing. I was surrounded by a load of pilled-up dudes who kept bigging me up. Deadly Buzz.

our label boss in the US has a good red house painters one

"The show was in L.A. and Kozelek was making snide comments about industry types and Los Angeles and people getting in free and all that. He'd play a song and complain. Then he says,"I'm sorry, L.A. just gets me depressed."

I shouted "*You* get depressed?"

desertedvillage said:
The disproportionate reverance and po-faced performance at that gig left it ripe for Hecklemania.

I saw Ministry in an olympia-like venue in San Francisco years ago. I was in the balcony standing behind the sound desk and had a view of the set list.
I spent the whole encore shouting out 'requests' which the band miraculously ended up playing. I was surrounded by a load of pilled-up dudes who kept bigging me up. Deadly Buzz.
ah brilliant gav ive been wrecking my brain trying to remember that slint one..class..cheers.

seanc said:
Big train - "STREETS OF LONDON!!"

I just played it!

eldoninterview.gif

desertedvillage said:

"Skiffle!"

our milky way label boss just bought a new cat.

anyway... has anyone mentioned fogarty's "you should have checked your email at home" heckle to anyone who brings a laptop on stage? i think it's my favourite.

egg_ said:
We were playing in Doran's once, Jeff Martin was on before us and there's some drunk chick totally digging him, dancing around and stuff and telling her mates how great it all is "aww deadly this is deadly ... HERE, DO YOU KNOW ANY ASLAN?"
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA :D :D :D :D :D perfect! :)

My claims to fame:

1/ Drunkenly standing stage right of Camonbert Quartet mid song waving until they looked at me and giving them the bird

2/ Drunkenly stealing the setlist at the begining of a Compulsion gig and then requesting the songs before they played them (Props to Gav P there)

funny thing at the Peterson guy's gig in the Ballroom after his distortion pedal broke;

Peterson: "sorry about the equipment breaking"
punter: "no, it sounds better"

not actuall quotes, not a heckle either but very funny seeing as a good deal of his schtick is loads of distortion and burried vocals on what are essentially singer/songwriter acoustic songs.

not a heckle as such, but a friend of mine once got up at an open mic singer songwriter evening and with guitar in hand abused all the other singers through song. very funny.

At an AIR gig in The Olympia a couple of years ago - around the time they released the 'Virgin Suicides' soundtrack, which was better than whatever other album they were touring at the time - someone on stage left shouts up "HURRICANE" (key 'Virgin Suicides track) at the top of their voice to which someone standing stage right retorts "HIGGINS!!". This continues for the rest of the gig everytime there's a silence, in glorious stereo. Fantastic!

alex_classic.jpg

It's not the best heckle, but it's the only one I can remember now.

Oh, the droll, creepy "play something from Animals please" at David Gilmour's 'Meltdown' gig at the RFH in London was good, as was the "album two, song six" heckle/request at Sigur Ros at the Olympia last year (most boring Sigur Ros gig I've been too, somehow I've been to 5 of them).

Also, at Siver Mt Zion last year this, ahem, friend of mine took way too much valium in a tragic experimental accident and drank too many pints on top, and when the Ephrim bloke asked whether Ireland was part of the coalition of the willing this friend of mine wanted to say something political and cutting edge, but all he could say was "mmmmaaarumph brrrrrp er, Shannon!" to which a non-plussed Ephrim or whatever his name asked "what?" and yer man says "sorry, carry on".

And a nicely stated "are you alright?" to Feargal McKee at a Shadow Cabinet gig in The Stables years ago after McKee had nearly killed himself falling off a table was nice. McKee politely replied: "No" but carried on counting down from 69 at the top of his voice. He slept in the town park that night, in an attempt to "get back to his roots".

Pretty much any gig i'm at with my group of friends one or more wil start a "We Want Chilly Willy" or "Basho! Banana Tree!" chant. We really should get original jokes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back