best heckle? (2 Viewers)

At Electric Picnic last year, Flaming Lips had been on for about 30 minutes and played at most five songs (as after each song Wayne Coyne was taking ages, dicking around with props and stuff) so he went to start another song and introduced it by talking about getting a cosmic connection with the Earth and uniting the vibes of the festival when some guy to the right of me screamed out at the top of his voice "JUST PLAY THE FUCKING SONG"

It got the biggest cheer of the night from the casual fans in the tent and the stink eye from all the hard core Flaming Lips fans, personally I just laugh my ass off at it!!!

He talks some amount of starry eyed horseshite alright. Not only is the set list unchangeable, I've come to realise Wayne's onstage banter doesn't really alternate either. Think I've seen them too many times. Wayne Coyne rant over. Sorry.

Anyway heckler story -

Decemberists gig in Vicar St couple of years back. Lead singer introduces the new single and adds that is available to buy from the following Friday. Pointing at his mate beside him, some chap shouts up - "he downloaded it illegally 2 weeks ago". Singer doesn't look too impressed, mate looks mortified, muffled laughter from audience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back