best heckle? (1 Viewer)

Charlie Bucket said:
whats the best heckle you've ever heard or shouted at a gig??

"What time is your flight?"

code ninja I believe.

also "Get back to Russia"

code ninja I believe.

Back when Bobby Conn & Band came onstage like this:
sledd-stateroom.jpg

Some champ at the back did the market stall cry of 'FIVE SHELL SUITS FER A POUN!'

Not at a gig, but a comedy thing. David Baddiel tells this story:

After the main acts at the Comedy Store in London, they sometimes have open mic's. So one guy went up, he was exceptionally shit, and everyone in the room was shouting all sorts of shite.

Then, from the back of the back of the room, above the sound of all the other hecklers, someone yells "Everybody hates you!! Surely you must remember that from school!"

I've shouted that at gigs once or twice since hearing it.

Kevin Gildea [I Think... bit foggy cos it's ages ago, but not really important - some good Irish comic]

"They say you are what you eat..." swings round quickly to a chatty bird in the third row "...Well YOU must have eaten a mouthy fucking cunt for breakfast this morning!"

Awesome!

Beak said:
Back when Bobby Conn & Band came onstage like this:
sledd-stateroom.jpg

Some champ at the back did the market stall cry of 'FIVE SHELL SUITS FER A POUN!'

I went to see bobby conn in the lobby a while back. Came on stage wearing heels, fishnets, nothing underneath, silver sequinned polo tee and a whore's share of makeup. Stunning!

B

A very inebriated friend at an Evan Dando gig;

"Purple Parallelogram!"

evan - "Shut the fuck up"

"Aye, fuckin Winona Ryder"

..follows Evan backstage where Evan is kissing his wife -

"Look at ye with groupie, what would your wife say?"

evan's wife proceeds to chase him round the hall beating him with a water bottle.

The heckle at the mogwai gig last month was good

Guy: "you're very good"
Stuart Mogwai: "... thanks"
Guy: "you must practice a lot"
Stuart Mogwai: "... we do"

Local (to Belfast) guitar hero and maniac lead singer Charlie of the Desert Hearts to James Yorkston. Loudly. Repeatedly:

Charlie: Play the lang tune!

Yorkston: It's really difficult and the last time we played it noone liked it.

Charlie: Play the fuckin lang tune.

Yorkston: (Sighs) Okay, but it's such hard work we'll have to end the gig after it.

Charlie: Play the the fuckin lang tune.. I've seen you three times and you never played it, I saw you at the Empire, and I.. no hang on.. I missed the pavilion gig. Okay I've seen ye's once and ye didn't play it.
Play the fucking song would ye's.

Yorkston: Okay.. this is our last song.

Audience: Nooo! Fucksake!

We were playing in Doran's once, Jeff Martin was on before us and there's some drunk chick totally digging him, dancing around and stuff and telling her mates how great it all is "aww deadly this is deadly ... HERE, DO YOU KNOW ANY ASLAN?"

"you're playing it at the wrong speed" - code ninja

dj turns it up to 45, realizes that code ninja is a cunt, and turns it back to 33.

I'm beginning to see a pattern here.

There's that old story about the Irish punk band The Atrix. They had a hit with "The Moon is Puce" back in the late 1970s.
A mate of mine from college went to see them support Stiff Little Fingers.
So they come on stage first and get straight into their big hit "The Moon is Puce". And the crowd love it.
Then they start their next song - and the crowd turn on them, throwing bottles and glasses at the stage. The crowd demanded "The Moon is Puce" to be played again.
Which they did.
And did again.
Until they played it six times in a row.
And that was their set.

aoboa said:
I seem to remember someone telling Slint to 'Cheer up' at Vicar St.

At the same gig the cry of we're to cool to have a good time was funny as hell.

I saw Ed Byrne once and he was being supported by some English dude who was doing a routine about the word cunt when a lad in the audience shouted something about "you lot stealing our jobs" then this happened

The comedian :- Fairly normal heckle return then asked what was I talking about earlier ??
A majority of the audience :- "cunts"
The Comedian :- Wow that feels wierd having a room full of people shouting cunt at you then <pointing at heckler> I'm sure you're used to it though !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back