best cover version in history (9 Viewers)

That sonics cover is savage.Yer man has one the most rocking voices ever.
Bag'o'cans said:
Sonic youth - Superstar
Booby Womack - California dreamin
nouvelle vague ......
Roxy music - jealous guy (john lennon)
The sonics - louie louie
some amongst the thousandzzzz

Spacemen 3 - When tomorrow hits (Mudhoney)
Dinosaur jr - Just like heaven

I think both of these wipe the floor with the originals.

Also I love Galaxie 500's version of Ceremony. William Shatners version of Common People is pretty special too, not to mention his cover of Lucy in the sky with diamonds.

actually Mudhoney's whole album of Sonic's songs is deadly.

boigaz said:
Spacemen 3 - When tomorrow hits (Mudhoney)
Dinosaur jr - Just like heaven

I think both of these wipe the floor with the originals.

Also I love Galaxie 500's version of Ceremony. William Shatners version of Common People is pretty special too, not to mention his cover of Lucy in the sky with diamonds.

kirstie said:
actually Mudhoney's whole album of Sonic's songs is deadly.
What album is that? Never heard of it.

And I'm just trying to avoid confusion here, but I did mean the Spacemen's version of the Mudhoney song.

I know. I know the song you mean.

Mention of ver 'honey made me think of their album of covers of sonics songs. Actually it may not be under the Mudhoney moniker, it might be something else, but it's Mark Arm singing for sure.

http://www.munster-records.com/novedades/infos/newstrycnine/newstrycnine_ing.htm

gas huffer and mudhoney guyz. It's deadly. But only worth it if you do already own sonics stuff. otherwise you'd be as well off investing in the original stuff.

boigaz said:
What album is that? Never heard of it.

And I'm just trying to avoid confusion here, but I did mean the Spacemen's version of the Mudhoney song.

Tool - NoQuarter
The Animals - House of the rising sun
NOFX - Vincent
Manowar - Flight of the Bumblebee :eek: ( its actually really good!?!)
Anything off Slayer undisputed attitude, savage.|..|

kirstie said:
I know. I know the song you mean.

Mention of ver 'honey made me think of their album of covers of sonics songs. Actually it may not be under the Mudhoney moniker, it might be something else, but it's Mark Arm singing for sure.

http://www.munster-records.com/novedades/infos/newstrycnine/newstrycnine_ing.htm

gas huffer and mudhoney guyz. It's deadly. But only worth it if you do already own sonics stuff. otherwise you'd be as well off investing in the original stuff.
Now I see what you mean. I thought you were talking about an album of Mudhoney covers of Sonic Boom's stuff, not the Sonics. Will have to check it out.

Now, that I would like to hear.

No, no, actually. That would be awful and sick and wrong.

boigaz said:
I thought you were talking about an album of Mudhoney covers of Sonic Boom's stuff, not the Sonics. Will have to check it out.

susanna and the magical orchestras take on joleen is sweet, as is the bad plus's cover of flim and heart of glass. recently heard a swans cover of love will tear us apart which didnt really blow me away, prefered the squarepusher one. jose gonzales does a nice cover of a knife song that i cant remeber the name of. oh and i really like xiu xiu version of fast car.

Must concur w Brian on Irr. App. [ext.] cover of 'Knowing me, knowing you'
Extraordinary.
Swans version of 'Can't find my way home' is really good.
Their version of 'Black-eyed dog' stinks.

Eagles of Death Metal cover of "Stuck in the Middle" is pretty good even though its been done to bits.Think Josh should stick to the singing and the banjo mind you

brian/heathons said:
Eagles of Death Metal cover of "Stuck in the Middle" is pretty good even though its been done to bits.Think Josh should stick to the singing and the banjo mind you

isn't that called Stuck in the Metal?
that's a deadly album! Jesse Hughes has got the moves too

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back