Bertie Ahern. (1 Viewer)

actually some Politics.ie folks are saying this could be a chance for Harney to slip out the back door. Get 'reshuffled' out, rather then leave in disgrace... makes sense to me...

On the Bertie Ahern wikipedia page under Resignation it has "Fine Gael leader Enda Kenny has called for a mandate before a new leader is decided on by Fianna Fail, meaning a general election. Fianna Fail have at this time not commented."

A general election?

On the Bertie Ahern wikipedia page under Resignation it has "Fine Gael leader Enda Kenny has called for a mandate before a new leader is decided on by Fianna Fail, meaning a general election. Fianna Fail have at this time not commented."

A general election?

can't see it happening

only 10 months after the last one, plus FF are still well in power, FF were made the main goverenment party by gaining the most seats (which they still have), the last Election wasn't a vote for Bertie as an indiviual

even though it felt like it was :)

Should have added to some tone of incredulity after the rhetorical question. Yeah, can't see it happening. By election might be interesting.

200px-BertieAhernBerlin2007.jpg

Bertie O'Taoiseach
1997-2008
Good night, sweet prince​

for those who havent seen it yet

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

hahaha some people clearly had nothing to do all morning

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

How is this what the people want?
We voted for Bertie in last year's presidential election.
And then they came for him.
The impotence of the people, placated, made weak and fuzzy-minded by sub-prime loans, fancy jobs and fancy drugs.
Where is the outrage?
There is only one response to this for any remaining committed citizens:
I'm starting a Facebook group.

people are pricks

they don't know what's good for them. I'm with Plato.

GUYZZZZZEEEEE! I was really busy in work today, which meant that I missed all the fun. I got a text this morning right when the announcement was made, but I missed all the amazing radio and liveblogging and all that shit.

Anyone got some gems apart from that announcement (thanks La La!)? I love the way Brian Cowen looks ready to elbow him out of the way. He's got a head like a pig that has a turkey for a neck.

And Gormley standing there suppressing a belly laugh is just classic.

GUYZZZZZEEEEE! I was really busy in work today, which meant that I missed all the fun. I got a text this morning right when the announcement was made, but I missed all the amazing radio and liveblogging and all that shit.

Anyone got some gems apart from that announcement (thanks La La!)? I love the way Brian Cowen looks ready to elbow him out of the way. He's got a head like a pig that has a turkey for a neck.

And Gormley standing there suppressing a belly laugh is just classic.

Its time's like this I wish I was back in Ireland, sharing in the craic around his resignation. The gf just doesn't get why I've been laughing for thirty minutes through this thread and politics.ie. Told her to imagine if Sarkozy is still clinging to power in 11 years and then "poof", like magic he's gone (in disgrace). Good days...almost as sweet as McDowell being voted out.

from guardian.co.uk -

"Fianna Fáil sources told the Guardian his decision to quit was connected to the Irish referendum on the Lisbon EU treaty. Senior advisers had been worried that the poll would be turned by the opposition into a referendum on his leadership rather than the detail of the treaty."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back