Bertie Ahern. (1 Viewer)

FF are in an interesting position now, much of their sucess in the past 2 elections has been about the cult of personality surrounding Aherne. Cowen isn't going to make anyone really want to vote for him.

Cowan was FF's bulwark during the last election. He was at the forefront while Bertie was mired in tribunal shite, and it was his firefighting that went a long way towards winning the election. He's a smart dude, and a fiery debator. Looks aint his forte though.

How is this what the people want?
We voted for Bertie in last year's presidential election.
And then they came for him.
The impotence of the people, placated, made weak and fuzzy-minded by sub-prime loans, fancy jobs and fancy drugs.
Where is the outrage?
There is only one response to this for any remaining committed citizens:
I'm starting a Facebook group.

bertie300x180.jpg

Bertie would always say something like “Go away and leave me alone you loola” when he got tough questions. Cowens responses will be more along the lines of “Get the fuck out of my fat face you shit”. I think it’ll work for them.
Anyway, doesn’t matter who the face of the party is, it’s still FF and there’s still plenty of folks out there who’ll vote for them without really knowing why.

This is amazing. Eoghan Haris on RTE News is livid and the Pat Kenny show is being flooded with texts over "the treatment of poor Bertie"
Like all things when ur in ur wanted out and when ur out ur wanted in.......
Bertie only lasted as long as he did because he was and always has being very popular.

Did you hear him nearly cry? HAHAHA!

"I have done no wrong, and wronged no-one."

Pure poetry.

Tom Kitt started crying on Newstalk!! Brian Lenihan was also talking with a lump in his throat. Fucking eejits.

Did you hear him nearly cry? HAHAHA!

"I have done no wrong, and wronged no-one."

Pure poetry.

Tom Kitt started crying on Newstalk!! Brian Lenihan was also talking with a lump in his throat. Fucking eejits.

The guys standing behind him were in tatters, the poor sods. Our fella, Willie O Dea, has a sorry tear in his eye.

Cowan was FF's bulwark during the last election. He was at the forefront while Bertie was mired in tribunal shite, and it was his firefighting that went a long way towards winning the election. He's a smart dude, and a fiery debator. Looks aint his forte though.
Agree, even a female companion of mine said the same. ;)

That is the question. As far as I know, the Mahon tribunal isn't widely reported abroad. But still, he's basically resigning in disgrace.

I'd imagine the tax fella is going to screw him now too

I wouldn't assume he's resigning to get 'off the hook', they can potentially go after him now, as a civilian, more then ever... I'd say his contempt for, basically everyone who questioned him ever, might not have endered him to the Tribunal at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back