Being Felt up by a Stranger at a Gig - GUYS ONLY THREAD (2 Viewers)

if you're sure it's deliberate then the best course of action is to confront them verbally. And loudly.

If they start laughing at you then hit them.

Benefits

1) You'll probably feel better
2) They're less likely to do it again - so you'll be saving someone else the potential trauma

would YOU interrupt 'and that's no lie'?

This thread is a disgrace. How dare you suggest that something like this could happen to a man? How will women feel suitably outraged about this sort of behaviour if it happens to men too?
You're clearly a liar and I will make sure you are barred from all the women-only gigs in town, if you're not already barred from them for not being a woman.

I wasn't trying to steal your 'thunder' at being felt up... just point out that it could have been accidental.

It could also be that some women are becoming as predatory as some men traditionally have been. I don't like being crowded or touched by strangers at all. I've had panic attacks in the past.

Possible ways of dealing with unwanted physical contact (that I've used):
Ask them to stop, if they don't move away.
Have a male friend (female friend in your case) stand between you and the offending stranger.
Sly dig with an elbow, or flick (but that won't work so well with women) while 'dancing'
Talk to a bouncer (guy might find this too embarrassing)
Leave

Hope that helps

the greatest ever Heaven 17 song!

five different sleeves for the 12" !

No, I'd wait till it finished.

pity they didn't play it then :(
They did play Being Boiled though.

I wasn't trying to steal your 'thunder' at being felt up... just point out that it could have been accidental.

it's ok, I was only kidding.

It could also be that some women are becoming as predatory as some men traditionally have been. I don't like being crowded or touched by strangers at all. I've had panic attacks in the past.

Possible ways of dealing with unwanted physical contact (that I've used):
Ask them to stop, if they don't move away.
Have a male friend (female friend in your case) stand between you and the offending stranger.
Sly dig with an elbow, or flick (but that won't work so well with women) while 'dancing'
Talk to a bouncer (guy might find this too embarrassing)
Leave

Hope that helps

I dealt with it by moving away sharpish the moment the band ended. thanks though :)

hahahahahaha

"Excuse me Mr Gorilla, sir. A girl keeps bumping into me and trying to feel me up. It's really upsetting! Can you speak to her and explain that B is for Boundaries? I just want to be respected!"

Yeah, well I did say it probably wouldn't work Mr Sarkypants!

I got accused of secretly taking pictures of girls with my phone the other night in the village. The first question would be why the fuck would I bother? Anyway, my phone is a piece of cheap shit and merely receives and makes calls and receives and sends texts. It took me ages to explain this fact to my accuser.

Yeah, well I did say it probably wouldn't work Mr Sarkypants!

No, it's a GREAT idea. I recommend all men do this. Another good idea would be to go to one of those all-male bath houses where there are no nasty, predatory women. The male camaraderie is great, and you have the freedom to walk around wearing nothing but a skimpy hand towel!

Being groped by a stranger is totally unacceptable and all of you "the only crime here is that she isn't doing it with me" pricks have probably just never been in a situation like that. Either that or you're some repugnant perverts who squeeze random butts and breasts in crowded bars and think it's cool and sexy.

Being groped by a stranger is totally unacceptable and all of you "the only crime here is that she isn't doing it with me" pricks have probably just never been in a situation like that. Either that or you're some repugnant perverts who squeeze random butts and breasts in crowded bars and think it's cool and sexy.

Brian?
Is that you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back