Begging at the Luas Stop (2 Viewers)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

In Boston, I had to walk through Harvard Square to get to work every morning. There were a stream of homeless people and I started storing bits of change in every pocket so I had a bit for each without having to pull out my wallet. Everyone thought I was insane but I felt terrible just walking by.

It's people like you that are keeping those kids out of school and condemning them to a life on the streets begging.

Well done.

Good point.
I missed the bit about the homeless people actually being homeless school kids, though nothing beats hunger and cold turkey like having no money.

what are we talking about? homelessness or roma gypsies?
are the romas homeless? is begging a cultural thing for the
roma people? could someone exlplain that to me? i'm REALLY
stupid!!! is it racist that i don't mind giving someone money to
spend on drugs, drink whatever they want, whatever it is that
has crippled them to sit at an atp looking for random cash,
but i won't give a roma gypsie a single penny? do i care
either way? hell na, it's my money!

intuition!

T-shirt-Black-Flag-My-Rules.gif

Cause they see its paid dividents workin ma jelly,
An they aint trippin cause my pockets stick out more than ma belly!

It's people like you that are keeping those kids out of school and condemning them to a life on the streets begging.

Well done.

yeah, dead right. And the people who run the soup kitchens are only encouraging homeless people to stay homeless.

and those charity organisations that think they're helping these people - only making matters worse.

fuckers all

Talking about the Roma in any way other than shining admiration and utter respect means you're a fucking racist.

there's nothing better than sharing a train carriage with gypsies

especially jazz loving swingin' gyspies

who share their picnics with everyone

Well done.
I seriously doubt if regular beggers don't get any money, they'll get up and say 'oh screw this, I'm off to Trinity!' It's a way of life for some people.
Just because we don't see begging as a 'career' or whatever, doesn't mean others don't. If you grew up in a family where begging was the norm, you'd do it too. People get trapped in certain lifestyles, and people grow up with certain traditions. Or people have drug or alcohol habits which they need to feed and have no way of making money so resort to begging.
I never know what to do when I see someone begging - I get totally crippled by it and am never sure what I should do. One thing I absolutely hate though is when people beg at ATMs, because it is very intrusive. That said, it's also probably shame because I'm able to take out money and I'm about to not give any of it to someone who doesn't have much money themselves.

;)

There are more chuggers than beggers in Newbridge - I can't stand chuggers. Yet I pity them as it has to be the worst job ever. I'm always polite but I've had bad experiences with them lots of times.

lots of the chuggers in Naas too. especially when I'm out foraging for luncheon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back