Begging at the Luas Stop (1 Viewer)

Daisy's Dukes

Has anyone noticed the recent enough appearance of a group of kids (I think there are 3 of them) no older than 7 or 8 begging at the Luas stop at St. Stephen's Green? There's no sign of any adults around and they are there at random times and often during school hours. I've seen the women with their babies begging around town but I've never seen such young, seemingly unsupervised kids doing it.

It's a proud moment reading this thread.
Dublin is truly up there with the greatest capital cities in the world.
We have money, gun crime and child beggars.
Take that, Leitrim!

this has nothing to do with the luas but last night outside the Onboard party a beggar asked me for money. i was e200 overdrawn at the time and had about six 1 cent coins on me.

funny :)

There's a family of Roma operating around where I work. And I mean operating. They work shifts around the Dawson St., Molesworth St., Sth. Frederick St., Nassau St. area. I frequently see the mother bringing the kids and grandad lunch, collecting them to bring home and screaming at them for not bringing enough cash like a 1970s Hell's Kitchen pimp.

I think someone in the Children't Rights Alliance said once that the best thing to do is report them to the Gardai because the parents are breaking the kids' human rights.

For some reason, I couldn't be arsed, though.

There's a family of Roma operating around where I work. And I mean operating. They work shifts around the Dawson St., Molesworth St., Sth. Frederick St., Nassau St. area. I frequently see the mother bringing the kids and grandad lunch, collecting them to bring home and screaming at them for not bringing enough cash like a 1970s Hell's Kitchen pimp.

I think someone in the Children't Rights Alliance said once that the best thing to do is report them to the Gardai because the parents are breaking the kids' human rights.

For some reason, I couldn't be arsed, though.

Haha, I know them too. A few years ago the entire brood had me surrounded and I was feeling pretty threatened (one of the older kids had hold of my handbag and another was pulling on my coat)... then a gent in a purple shirt with a dog collar appeared and they all shifted to him instead - poor man. I legged it.

The adults were standing nearby looking on with approving pride.

is there any reason why anyone needs to beg in 21st century ireland? serious question.

was about to ask the same thing, i've often wondered that.

i'd always assumed that at least some people who are begging have fallen through the cracks in the social welfare system and don't know how to (or, in some cases, want to) get back.

NadezhdaSliven.jpg

begging so your da can afford to buy a nice shirt which
covers his sick tattoos during the big job interview, one
would imagine

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back