ATTN: promoters, gig goers, photographers...SERIOUS ISSUE with photography. (1 Viewer)

The problem then is if all the people who are actually good at it stop taking pictures there's gonna be nothing but shit pictures from gigs. Obviously there are/will be people being paid to take (decent) pictures but you rarely see the results of their work.

What I heard was the photographer was taking photos (start of the gig) and a drunk girl started pushing her way between his two friends, elbow in the neck kinda thing. She threw a drink at one of the grrls, she threw one back. Drunk girls punched one of them twice and got a slap back. Photographer and friends were thrown out and and the bouncer said it was because he hit a girl. He showed the photos he'd taken when he was supposed to have done it and they were all dated about 5 seconds apart so clearly he was doing something else when it happened.
There's always two sides.
That's not exactly true. He was asked if he was going to be taking photos all through the gig, he and his mates got abusive and aggressive, I stood between them and the girl they were trying to fight with. At this point they turned on me but I ignored them. The girl who then pushed her way to the front was another photograper, she elbowed me a few times too. They she argued with the photographer and his mates and that's when the booze was thrown. I didn't see anyone hit anyone but may have missed it. They were not thrown out but I think a bouncer did have words. The photograper had words with me and was pushing it a bit. He said he was friends with all the Rednecks, which isn't true. I just wanted to enjoy the gig so didn't give a shit about him or his mates but they did take away from the night. They were still there after the gig and one of the girls did make some form of apology to me.

it's not like the rednecks are the worlds most visual band

maybe he thought it was red_dog?

That's not exactly true. He was asked if he was going to be taking photos all through the gig, he and his mates got abusive and aggressive, I stood between them and the girl they were trying to fight with. At this point they turned on me but I ignored them. The girl who then pushed her way to the front was another photograper, she elbowed me a few times too. They she argued with the photographer and his mates and that's when the booze was thrown. I didn't see anyone hit anyone but may have missed it. They were not thrown out but I think a bouncer did have words. The photograper had words with me and was pushing it a bit. He said he was friends with all the Rednecks, which isn't true. I just wanted to enjoy the gig so didn't give a shit about him or his mates but they did take away from the night. They were still there after the gig and one of the girls did make some form of apology to me.

They sound like total pricks, Fuck their appology.

I remember being kicked out of Whelans just for having a camera what exactly happened ?

Sounds class, I love when shit like this happens.|..|

I heard that a massive creature - half elbow & half camera spent the whole gig shouting apologies at a pint until a 2 ft tall bouncer shot it with a harpoon and then proceeded to make love to the pint right there on the stage in front of everyone

Are we still talking about photographers being pricks while shooting or about one dude with a camera and his mates being pricks? Starting to sound like an isolated incident of arseholery by someone who happened to have a camera, or am i missing something?

photos from the night are starting to surface on Flicker - seems like a bad scene

StrongMan.gif

Are we still talking about photographers being pricks while shooting or about one dude with a camera and his mates being pricks? Starting to sound like an isolated incident of arseholery by someone who happened to have a camera, or am i missing something?
the 'incident' was an indirect result of the photographer. it was an isolated incident but once you take that away, the photographers conduct and attitude is what is the problem.

the post is more directed at general conduct that ive seen lately, such as by the photographer at dirty 3 and cass mc combs, merely punctuated by this latest incident.

the incident in question wouldnt have happened i dont believe had there been no photographers there. it was the source of all the aggro.

Thumped is gone gay. I remember the days when the photographer would have been named, shamed, photoshopped, harrassed and then Pete would have put up a sticky about the solicitors letter he'd received. Good times.

Theres a lotta rep to be spread around in this thread....A LOT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back