Are the reformed Slint worth going to see? (1 Viewer)

You make it sound like they just found Jebus!

Don't expect any showmanship or interaction with the crowd. All you get is amazing music, a big drum kit and long gaps between songs. That said they were one of my highlights of last weekend. 9/10

the short answer is yes. Saw them play Spiderland in Vicar St, which was amazing. As has been said - don't expect any interaction and yes they are too cool to be havin a good time, but they played the album note perfectly.
Dark and Broody; mean and moody.

Actually Smashing Punkins are back on the scene. They've got a tour planned and everything. They played a couple of new songs and then an Abba cover*

*Abba cover may not have happened.

yeah, i'm getting to see them next weekend at primavera!

i hope they play lots off machina! god, that album made me want to hang around temple bar all the time back when i was 25

yeah, i'm getting to see them next weekend at primavera!

i hope they play lots off machina! god, that album made me want to hang around temple bar all the time back when i was 25

bring me with you!!! take my hand and we'll fly!

snowmanx07x12x05xfc.jpg

I thought they were amazing at Vicar Street.
usually i wouldn't be into bands that have no stage presence and play the album note perfect but this had a deadly atmosphere
I think that time they played a few off tweez-defo the 1st song off tweez and the one thats also on that 2 song dealy-bob

they were amazing in vicar st. they played better at atp and they had their proper bassist and not the long haired roady guy. but it just wasnt the same as vicar street. so just make sure you see them in the dark. made a HUUUGE difference.
the rest of the set was made up of one song from tweez, one from the e.p, and yes, a new song.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back