anyone here rock as a job? (1 Viewer)

and its made me the man i am today!

1932375539_cb83530067.jpg

:D:D:D:D Eh-mazing!

Richie Redneck (aka japeo) rocks for a living now, presumably, since he signed to V2. The Chalets and Neosupervital used to post here, and I reckon they're all rockin for a living now

I think you'd be surprised (maybe not) how little these types of bands earn. Doesn't one of the girls from the chalets work in tower records..

Shouldn't have to of course, the chalets are great...Bellx 1 should be working there
Damien dempsey would make a good doorman....anything to stop him singing

Richie Redneck (aka japeo) rocks for a living now, presumably, since he signed to V2. The Chalets and Neosupervital used to post here, and I reckon they're all rockin for a living now

Paula Chalet is in Tower and I know the boys have various graphic designer things going on for themselves. Not sure about NSV and I suspect the Delorentos still have a few wiped out credit cards to cover yet!

A record deal doesn't mean you can pack in the day job, no way!

i wasn't thinking record dealies, i was thinking more smalltimers gigging every day type thing.

sighhhh....if only ya got paid to practice....i'd be rolling in it.

Paula Chalet is in Tower
She was djing in Doran's last time I was there, didn't realise she was in Tower. Ah yeah, didnae expect any of em to be making much, but I thought a meagre living wouldn't be out of reach. I guess not - sure wasn't Peter Buck working on and off in some record store in Athens until Green came out

I think the problem is as much that the cost of living is so high in Dublin, whereas somewhere like Berlin at the moment, you have lots of people making a decent ammount of their income from music cause their outgoings are so low

A good auld recesion and crippling houseing market crash will sort this town out!

I think the problem is as much that the cost of living is so high in Dublin, whereas somewhere like Berlin at the moment, you have lots of people making a decent ammount of their income from music cause their outgoings are so low

A good auld recesion and crippling houseing market crash will sort this town out!

Didn't Liars up sticks and decamp from Brooklyn to Berlin to live and make their last 2 records?

Delorentos are getting to the stage of making a living out of it now ...

I wonder about these dudes. Do they expect to still be getting paid for rockin' out when they're 40/50/60. Or what do they plan to do.

Damien dempsey would make a good doorman....anything to stop him singing

Well, he was on a back to work scheme after the first album, on sites I think after the second. I understand he's just about scraping a living out of it now. He would make a good doorman, he should probably keep singing though.

that and the fact that even if you charge a fiver on the door to see four bands you get people moaning that it's too dear

Surely depends on the bands you're seeing though?

I remember paying in €12 to that Pro-Bono Republic thing last summer and feeling totally ripped off.

In comparison, a night of brilliant music during the Roisin Dubh's summer shindig cost me €6: Delorentos, FLA, So Cow.......bargain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back