Anyone got any spare tickets for Rufus Wainwright? (1 Viewer)

Apparently the tourist office on suffolk st is a good place to try for tickets of supposedly sold out gigs. i wonder will he support brian wilson on june 29th, as he's supporting him in Cork the next night.

I only know 'Poses' and have listened to it every day for about the last month. Best 'new' thing I've heard in absolutely ages.

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:
Apparently the tourist office on suffolk st is a good place to try for tickets of supposedly sold out gigs. i wonder will he support brian wilson on june 29th, as he's supporting him in Cork the next night.

I only know 'Poses' and have listened to it every day for about the last month. Best 'new' thing I've heard in absolutely ages.

yeah its deadly.

I think both 'Want One' and 'Want Two' have some brilliant moments (in particular "Oh, What A World" and "The Art Teacher", respectively), but are a bit too long and he oversings - I mean he streches notes out ostentatiously that would be better left alone. Also he does the Morrissey thing of singing the same note all the time. But that's harsh, he's damn unusual as singer-songwriters go and some of the arrangements are gorgeously intricate. I would like to be going along.

snakybus said:
ah see I don't know Poses too well

maybe tonight will get me back on the rufus boat

Ther's a great song on Poses called 'My name is Mike Stevens and I want to lick your chest Rufus' - if you keep shouting out a request for it at the gig, everyone will think you're cool.

HONK HONK

I'm so excited.

Poses is my favourite Rufus record- Grey Gardens has an audition coming up for the list of 'songs I can listen to 10 times in a row and still get excited by them', Want One is stunning, Want Two is pretty out there but I don't know it well enough yet to voice any serious opinion on it, and I don't know the eponymous one yet.

snakybus said:
okay I'll do tyhat. It sounds like that song by Billy Corgan "I'll suck your dick, Billy", which Thomas Dunning shouted a request for in Chicago.

If I go to his show in the ambassador, I intend to shout for that same song.

pah, i decided to save my money for other stuff and not to go to this because i have seen him before and will be seeing him at the glastonbury (unless something untoward happens) soon. however, you may now picture me looking all forlorn and wan and like everyone else is going to get a lovely treat that i'm not having.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back