Anyone got any spare tickets for Rufus Wainwright? (1 Viewer)

YEEEEEEHAW

This was so deadly. His voice is exquisite, the backing band were really tight, and the backing vocalists, phew, wailing like tunelful tortured maniacs. I've never beens so transfixed by backing vocalists. His arrangements are really unpredictable and exquisite.
He did play Grey Gardens, which is my favourite, but we were still in the 'trying to find a good spot' phase of the gig so we were up the very front but way over the right so it sounded crap and rather quite dispassionate.
He basically played everything I wanted to hear bar one tune. But I still wasn't quite blown away. I dunno. What do I want? Maybe it's like wondering if you'll ever be into someone as much as your first fella or whatever. It just wasn't as exhilerating as a couple of my earlier experiences of gigs. But there you go anyway.

Yeah heard it was top class stuff alright. Big thanks to Bing being uber + generous :)

I wish I'd been in town to see it!!

Avoided the opening act and drank wine from a plastic cup in the bar instead. Clahssy.

Yeah, I was sorry he didn't play Go or Go Ahead too, but he played motherfucking Oh What a World. Yeow. AND he finished with 14th Street. Made me do a cry on the inside.

You know, I think they planted 6 pricks around me and Vinnie to try our patience. The gig was full of em. Dudes who said shit like 'eh, my girlfriends standing there'..... cock off. Oh gig rule- if you see a space in a big crowd and go stand in it, there's gonna be a girl with huge hair and two 6 foot something dudes in front of you.

Phew, both the dude I was at the gig with and I are 6' plus but his girlfriend doesn't have huge hair so it wasn't us.

I don't get that 'eh, my girlfriends standing there' thing, because Rufus is a big flaming gayer? That's pretty sad.

what you need, ms D, is one of these.

Periscope.jpg

perfect for gigs with an excessively tall audience

Yeah, excellent gig. His voice is shockingly great live, the band were lovely and tight and even a great, big strip show to boot.

I nearly got 'gay bashed' outside afterwards too, despite not being gay, which was nice. Some furrow-browed gentlemen wandering by drinking cans of Linden Village aggressively asked "do youse rub yissir bleedin' mickies together?" I told them that we did but only as a prelude to violent sodomy.

anyone see the rufus wainwright documentary on tv at the weekend? WTF? best friends with elton john, "my drug hell"....oh poor little baby:eek: and his music!! whats with this absurd canonisation of cabaret...:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back