"Anti-semitic band" in The Lower Deck (1 Viewer)

Right. I've read all the links and, frankly, I am appalled. I phoned the Lower Deck to see what the story is. They (as I thought) had no idea what type of music was playing. I told them I'd bring down some evidence of the racist/ antisemetic nature of the music planned this weekend and I expect this gig to be cancelled.

Alan Remorse said:
we played with primal dawn a few years ago, they're sound lads
dunno what to make of this Grand belials key lark though
i say we make it a thumped night out
euy!
one of them seems to be a little too interested in world war2 and germans...SOUND

Unclealo said:
Right. I've read all the links and, frankly, I am appalled. I phoned the Lower Deck to see what the story is. They (as I thought) had no idea what type of music was playing. I told them I'd bring down some evidence of the racist/ antisemetic nature of the music planned this weekend and I expect this gig to be cancelled.

Fair play allen. I was going to suggest crucifying them, but your approach is much more seinsible

From their website: 'The band was frequently a victim of boycotts and cancellation of its live gigs, and played live only about nine times in its first nine years of existence.'

Three guys come up with the most offensive band they can, get idiot promoters to put the money up front, then cash in when the tours are inevitably cancelled?? Mel Brooks should sue...

Hamilton Burger said:
How about a Semitic night in the Lower Deck?

Get these fellah.

jd07.jpg

Id say its more than likely that the blurb that Egg put up was sent by the band themselves. And look at all the lovely free publicity they've gotten!
These fuckers thrive on hate. Hating them and suggesting gassing the place etc is just gonna be fuel for the band isn't it?

Alan Remorse said:
are primal dawn nazi as well?
serious question
one of them is im pretty sure...well like alludes to it a lot,i wouldnt have anything to do with those fucking boneheads myself

seanc said:
These fuckers thrive on hate. Hating them and suggesting gassing the place etc is just gonna be fuel for the band isn't it?

Maybe. But as a promoter I wouldn't like to be looking for a new Nazi friendly venue with only a month to go until the gig

Unclealo said:
Maybe. But as a promoter I wouldn't like to be looking for a new Nazi friendly venue with only a month to go until the gig

Aye, aye. Its in The Lower Decks best interest to cancel the gig so they don't get a bad rep. Purely for business reasons. But if we all go down and with a hateful aggressive protest this band would fuckin love it. Know what I mean?

anyone see that report on the news about the new ireland lonely planet? says we don't stand up for foreigners enough in racially motivated attacks etc. more of this kind of thing. i mean less... shit.

ok, what i really mean is........ dang. is what you're trying to do here to save people from their own stupidity? that's what it amounts to, right? abstracted, it's a case of you guys saying that their behaviour is unacceptable... and, if i gave you enough rope you'd probably say that these attitudes are borne out of ignorance, pure and simple. so, instead of trying to wreck their gig, why not send them some books and flowers? lead by example. sorry, that's what i was trying to say all along. this way you won't be telling anyone to shut up a your face. ah what's a madda you? oi! a shuddupayaface. all of us singing that outside the venue would be a hell of a lot more meaningful for me. that's all i'm saying. maybe some confetti. no coins damo.

chico said:
instead of trying to wreck their gig, why not send them some books and flowers? lead by example. sorry, that's what i was trying to say all along. this way you won't be telling anyone to shut up a your face.

Perhaps. But I say we're not wrecking anyone's gig...we're simply pointing out the politically loaded and potentially contraversial nature of an event hosted in a bar to its owners. And talking aside I think it'd be fucking awfull to have the Chinese lads in the deck dealing with a load of racist wankers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back