"Anti-semitic band" in The Lower Deck (3 Viewers)

Sarlacc Promoti said:
Sorry about the spelling... but there's no such word as btw. And I bet I got more 10/10s in spelling tests than you did in school :)

good comeback. i'll be at the gig without a shadow of a doubt now.

nofriendo said:
wow, i finally managed to get through the entire thread...my head is sore!! and the only thing that managed to still fit in my head is: What if a band called Saddam and the Suicide Bombers went touring in the states with their hit album "three planes, two towers and a one way ticket to allah" would this free speach bollocks everyone goes on about still apply?

Free speech is not cost effective.

seanc said:
no, I was deadly at spelling. I've gotten worse as I got older actually.

How come you know the band personally but you have "no idea" of their religious beliefs?

Its so easy to promote controversial bands,people just get sucked up into it. Think I might start a radical feminist orange order jihad band. I'll be lookin for a lambeg (or is it Lambleg?) player if anyone's up for it........

na your right with lambeg i just though the idea of playing the lambleg funny!!

Its just that the whole "I don't care what religion (and now age) people are" thing is a bit juvenile dude/dudette.

Yeah, but if you know them personally I mean. And in this persons case, promoting a band that seems to be raising all sorts of religion-based controversy. Just seems odd to me, but maybe thats just me.

seanc said:
Yeah, but if you know them personally I mean. And in this persons case, promoting a band that seems to be raising all sorts of religion-based controversy. Just seems odd to me, but maybe thats just me.

Well I suppose... but I know a lot of people personally and don't know what foot they kick with.:D

Sarlacc Promoti said:
...and the Swastika was a symbol created by the SS? Right.

They sell Celtic Crosses in Carroll's, y'know?

sorry, i forgot how they love their hinduism in estonia.

i wasn't making any judgements on your precious band that you seem so determined to defend. in fact, i'd never even heard of them before now, just like most everyone (except steo, it seems) on this forum. but the fact that you are being so defensive about their politics should stand to bring them to the attention to the kind of people who are very sensitive to any activity associated with the far-right.

nEiLo said:
Well I suppose... but I know a lot of people personally and don't know what foot they kick with.:D

and i doubt you've ever written songs like, 'better dead than left', 'two lefts dont make a right', 'left in the gutter'.

or maybe you have. but i doubt it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back