Angry commuter exchanges (3 Viewers)

2 wheels good,

image.php
image.php
= Good?

i used to have a company car. it was great, cos it meant you didn't give way in situations where you had right of way, for fear of damaging the car.

i remember cycling home from the pub giving people who had their hands out for taxi's high fives.

:D savage. i often have to duck as drunk people looking for a taxi seem to have a single-minded long-sightedness and can't see cyclists, even if they are right in front of them. unless of course they are the really funny one's who ask you for a lift, ho ho.

Best road rage incident I witnessed was of the splashing variety. Walking down Appian Way around ten years ago just after Christmas so traffic was light. Guy in suit walking around 20 yards ahead. A taxi drives full force through a puddle which it could have easily avoided, drenching the guy. He swears loudly, runs after the taxi and catches it stopped at the traffic lights. Next thing he pulls the driver out of the car and proceeds to kick the fuck out of him. The Gardai arrive within a few minutes. I didn't see what happened after that but the taxi driver got a bad beating. It was on the news later that the Gardai were appealing for witnesses so no one must have come forward.

hahahahahahahahaha

the best is when motorists pull over in an attempt to make you fight them. the worst is when they actually try to nudge you with their car - scarey shit.

anybody know what the legal situation is with cars/buses/etc. stopping and letting other vehicles out without paying any attention to the fact that there's a cyclist buzzing down beside them. sometimes it's not so obvious what they're doing or even that there's a car trying to pull out untill you're dangerously close. maybe it's a common trap that motorists collaborate on? !ninjaaaa

The bus-stops and shelters here are planted right in the middle of cycle lanes. Even though you have no option but to walk/stand on the lane while waiting for a bus, cyclists always make a big show of exhaling and tutting as they go past.

Fuck off cyclists. Nobody cares.

I dont have a licence as of yet (fucking retarded theory test why the fuck would I know what sound the engine makes when one of the back lights is gone or something) but I still like a rant at shit drivers every now and then

But being as anger prone as I am, ive had many run ins with pedistrians and drivers.

Best one was where I missed my train cause of this shittie tractor so I had to go get the bus which I was about to miss to and this fucking spa walks out infront of the car and continues to walk infront of the car..... My mother blocked me from blowing the horn at them...

So I let down the window... And i started screaming.. "GET OUT OF THE WAY YOU FUCKING RETARD" while banging on the window screen...

They moved in.. I missed my bus. My mother (the most calm never give out ever woman) just sat there going.. "Roisin get in! they'll call the cops".

Lastest thing I did was we were driving up a one way street in Enniscorthy where "murphy floods" used to be and this one and her auld ma were walking on the road and not on the path, So once again I let down the window and started shouting "Do you want to be fucking knocked down!" (it was christmas week and the new Dunnes had opened and it was packed and I was really fucking angry)

And theres been various other times where ive stuck my finger up at people.

Oh and then in the mornings when Im walking up to school and people turn in a pedistrian area... I nearly got hit one day, I just stood in front of the car going "how did you get a licence"!

I cant wait to drive, my mother always blocks me from using the horn but my god when I can.. ITs going to be magnificent.

I have had a number of run-ins with cars on the bike. One of which ended up in me kicking a car so hard that my foot went sort of through the car door, and I had to reef it back out.
My favourite one though was when a car passed me on a bridge in Bray, and squeezed into me, and knocked me off the bike. I ended up almost going into the Dargle.
There was a motorbike courier behind me, who pulled over, shouted at me was I alright?, then shouted "he'd be back in a minute".
About 2 minutes later, he was back, I was still getting my shit together on the ground, and the biker dude informed me that the volvo driver would not be making that mistake again.
And will have to buy some new tail lights.
And a new front wing. And probably a new headlight.

He asked me did I reckon that was alright, cause apparantly the guy was still up the road, standing and crying looking at the state of the car, and he could go back and set about wrecking it some more.

I told him I felt that the job was a good 'un. Although I was thinking about all the times I nearly got killed out in the back end of Wicklow by some cunt in a Bmer, and wanted some more car retribution.

Although, I never use cycle lanes in Ireland. Since they are shite, and dangerous.
Bus drivers and Taxi-men will sometimes get excited and start calling you names, and I will generally pull out in front of them and slow down for them, in order to get a better idea of exactly what they are trying to say.
Then I will have a bit of a think.
Then I will continue about my business.

the best is when motorists pull over in an attempt to make you fight

its even better when you jump off yr bike,every time i done that they back down fairly lively.bottlers :D

Bus drivers and Taxi-men will sometimes get excited and start calling you names, and I will generally pull out in front of them and slow down for them, in order to get a better idea of exactly what they are trying to say.
Then I will have a bit of a think.
Then I will continue about my business.

another good move,just sit in front of em taking yr time,them fuming behind you,hand constantly on the horn while you just laugh.silly drivers.

My favourite one though was when a car passed me on a bridge in Bray, and squeezed into me, and knocked me off the bike. I ended up almost going into the Dargle.
There was a motorbike courier behind me, who pulled over, shouted at me was I alright?, then shouted "he'd be back in a minute".
About 2 minutes later, he was back, I was still getting my shit together on the ground, and the biker dude informed me that the volvo driver would not be making that mistake again.
And will have to buy some new tail lights.
And a new front wing. And probably a new headlight.

He asked me did I reckon that was alright, cause apparantly the guy was still up the road, standing and crying looking at the state of the car, and he could go back and set about wrecking it some more.

I told him I felt that the job was a good 'un. Although I was thinking about all the times I nearly got killed out in the back end of Wicklow by some cunt in a Bmer, and wanted some more car retribution.

Reminds me of something that happened to me years ago. I was cycling home from college and was approaching this parked car when the fella inside leans out and asks me directions. So I pulled up beside the car and put my hand on the roof and was leaning over talking to him. Next of all he gets his mickey out and asks me if I'll suck it for a fiver. I started shouting at him and banging on the roof off the car. There was a gang of lads across the road at the flats and they all ran over and surrounded the car asking hat was going on. One of them told me to head on home and they'd 'look after' yer man. I cycled on and didn't look back.!ninjaaaa

Another time I found this bloke lying on the road and got off me bicycle to help him. I couldn't find a pulse and thought he was dead so I rang an ambulance. These lads in a van stopped to help and one of them started roaring at shaking the bloke on the ground. Up springs yer man, turns out he was just wasted. So I rang 999 again to cancel the ambulance and while my back was turned, the lads from the van, thinking that my bike was yer man's, put him on it and sent him on his merry way. I had to chase down the road after him and reef him off the bike.

Another time I found this bloke lying on the road and got off me bicycle to help him. I couldn't find a pulse and thought he was dead so I rang an ambulance. These lads in a van stopped to help and one of them started roaring at shaking the bloke on the ground. Up springs yer man, turns out he was just wasted. So I rang 999 again to cancel the ambulance and while my back was turned, the lads from the van, thinking that my bike was yer man's, put him on it and sent him on his merry way. I had to chase down the road after him and reef him off the bike.

that reminds me of one morning at about 6 or 7 i'am cycling back home after a good session and coming across some bloke lying half on the footpath with his legs sticking out in the cycle lane on his side with an unlit cigarette in one outstreched hand. it looked like he had gotten out of a taxi, tried to light a smoke and just fell over where he was. he was probably outside his gaff. i just rolled him over so he wasn't on the road anymore and went on my merry way. i was afraid his legs were gonna get run over by a bus, poor fucker.

He might've learned a valuable lesson if you'd cycled over his legs. Tough love.

One time I threw my bike over a fence in Rathmines in a fit of drunken rage. It was a lovely bike. Nobody was hurt but me (after repeated attempts to get back up on it after falling).

He might've learned a valuable lesson if you'd cycled over his legs. Tough love.

:eek: no, i was far to blissed out on cans and spliffs for that nonsense. it was one of those contented post-party buzzes where everything was gonna be ok somehow. unlike you drunko:

One time I threw my bike over a fence in Rathmines in a fit of drunken rage. It was a lovely bike. Nobody was hurt but me (after repeated attempts to get back up on it after falling).

:D

there's a special place in hell for bike hurters.

But being as anger prone as I am, ive had many run ins with pedistrians and drivers.

Best one was where I missed my train cause of this shittie tractor so I had to go get the bus which I was about to miss to and this fucking spa walks out infront of the car and continues to walk infront of the car..... My mother blocked me from blowing the horn at them...

So I let down the window... And i started screaming.. "GET OUT OF THE WAY YOU FUCKING RETARD" while banging on the window screen...

They moved in.. I missed my bus. My mother (the most calm never give out ever woman) just sat there going.. "Roisin get in! they'll call the cops".

Lastest thing I did was we were driving up a one way street in Enniscorthy where "murphy floods" used to be and this one and her auld ma were walking on the road and not on the path, So once again I let down the window and started shouting "Do you want to be fucking knocked down!" (it was christmas week and the new Dunnes had opened and it was packed and I was really fucking angry)

And theres been various other times where ive stuck my finger up at people.

Oh and then in the mornings when Im walking up to school and people turn in a pedistrian area... I nearly got hit one day, I just stood in front of the car going "how did you get a licence"!

I cant wait to drive, my mother always blocks me from using the horn but my god when I can.. ITs going to be magnificent.
there is nothing scarier than a driver with a short fuse, either to be a passenger in the car with or to be on the road trying to avoid.

i've mentioned it here before - was cycling along the canal, doing a good clip, and a kid (about five or six years old) stepped out to the kerb, and kicked me in the shin. given that me and the bike weighed about thirteen stone combined, and i was doing about 20mph, i spun him like a top. his dad was mortified.

I was nearly kilt on my bike yesterday when several gusts of wind nearly pushed me under an articulated lurry on the rock road. They need to at least paint a bike lane on that road quick.

I left it at home today, its far too windy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back