Angry commuter exchanges (2 Viewers)

Pedestrians should organise themselves like the motorists and cyclists do.

Then we should have a war. This talking on the internet lark is getting us nowhere

the wife recently compared cycling down gardener st to playing a game of frogger. pedestrians come out of nowhere. its scarey!

and as a cyclist in dublin i break red lights to get the jump on cars when i need to. my cycle to work is hilarious. one minute theres a cycle lane, next minute there a car parking space. its a fucking joke. the amount of times i've nearly been crushed by irate rush-hour motorists or clueless bus drivers. i drive too by the way.

Pedestrians should organise themselves like the motorists and cyclists do.

Then we should have a war. This talking on the internet lark is getting us nowhere
still43.jpg

Em... you shouldn't be riding a bicycle on the road without any brakes. That's just as irresponsible as that drunk girl standing on a cycle lane.

that is true.
but my bike had just been fucked with that day (poor attempt at buckling wheel, brake cords pulled at and frayed, saddle slashed) and i was cycling it home so that i could fix it. which i did the next morning.
it was a horrible day really.

so it was just very unfortunate that i happened to be brakeless and she happened to be... a big stupidface jerkpants. :eek:

As a former cyclist I had a number of angry exchanges with pedestrians and motorists. Never actually hit anybody but banged a few car windows in my time.
As a pedestrian now my mine gripe is motorists splashing me when I'm walking to the bus stop.

Best road rage incident I witnessed was of the splashing variety. Walking down Appian Way around ten years ago just after Christmas so traffic was light. Guy in suit walking around 20 yards ahead. A taxi drives full force through a puddle which it could have easily avoided, drenching the guy. He swears loudly, runs after the taxi and catches it stopped at the traffic lights. Next thing he pulls the driver out of the car and proceeds to kick the fuck out of him. The Gardai arrive within a few minutes. I didn't see what happened after that but the taxi driver got a bad beating. It was on the news later that the Gardai were appealing for witnesses so no one must have come forward.

As a former cyclist I had a number of angry exchanges with pedestrians and motorists. Never actually hit anybody but banged a few car windows in my time.
As a pedestrian now my mine gripe is motorists splashing me when I'm walking to the bus stop.

Best road rage incident I witnessed was of the splashing variety. Walking down Appian Way around ten years ago just after Christmas so traffic was light. Guy in suit walking around 20 yards ahead. A taxi drives full force through a puddle which it could have easily avoided, drenching the guy. He swears loudly, runs after the taxi and catches it stopped at the traffic lights. Next thing he pulls the driver out of the car and proceeds to kick the fuck out of him. The Gardai arrive within a few minutes. I didn't see what happened after that but the taxi driver got a bad beating. It was on the news later that the Gardai were appealing for witnesses so no one must have come forward.

:D

Road rage - once in a crossing in Tampere, waiting for the green lights a family man (got his kids in his car) hopped off his car and went to shout to the driver in the car in front of him, probably about cutting in or whatever. The receiving dude seemed to take it in gradually and his face reddened slowly, so that when the family man was back in his car, the dude decides to hop off HIS car to go and have a shout at the family man. But forgets to use the hand brake. It's downhill to the intersection...uh oh...there it goes

I was crossing at the lights on Thomas St one day and some young fella on a bike broke through the lights and narrowly missed running into an ould wan who was on her way across the road. She gave out SHITE to him while myself and a few others informed him that he was indeed a cunt and went on our way. I pity the fool who incurs the wrath of a Thomas St ould wan.

there were feet before there were wheels, fuckos

I cycle, drive and walk and I say pedestrians first, then cyclists, then cars

in fact, best if there were no cars - I drive maybe once a week, hardly ever in town

in fact, best if there were no cars - I drive maybe once a week, hardly ever in town

everyone should be responsible for their actions/movements on the roads/paths including pedestrians. Saying pedestrians first is bollix. If they walk out without looking, it's their own fault and fuck 'em, same goes for cars and bikes.

everyone should be responsible for their actions/movements on the roads/paths including pedestrians. Saying pedestrians first is bollix. If they walk out without looking, it's their own fault and fuck 'em, same goes for cars and bikes.
i love being a pedestrian...i'm hyper-aware of vehicles, and love strolling out into the middle of the street and watching them hit the brakes...same goes with cyclists on sidewalks, especially when they have the gall to ring their bell to get me to move outta their way...fat chance, says i.

pedestrians forever!

i love being a pedestrian...i'm hyper-aware of vehicles, and love strolling out into the middle of the street and watching them hit the brakes

For this you'll end up under the wheels someday

same goes with cyclists on sidewalks, especially when they have the gall to ring their bell to get me to move outta their way...fat chance, says i

I'm with you on this one

so it was just very unfortunate that i happened to be brakeless and she happened to be... a big stupidface jerkpants. :eek:
big stupidface jerkpants?

It was on the news later that the Gardai were appealing for witnesses so no one must have come forward.
yes. if only someone had seen it.....

testify

where do motorised wheelchairs fit into this brave new world of yours?

Are you saying fuck the paraplegics? because thats what I'm hearing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back