Angry commuter exchanges (1 Viewer)

Why do cyclists think that traffic lights don't apply to them? I was crossing the road at a pedestrian crossing (at which a bus had decided to park). I walked in front of the bus and a cyclist ploughed into me. :mad:

if a cyclist breaks the lights when people are crossing kick them in the fuck.

same goes for all the cars that break lights.

signed,
a cyclist.

cycling up wexford street at night once, i saw a drunk girl and her mates in the cycle lane ahead of me. i looked behind me to see if i could overtake them but there were cars coming so i couldn't. i rang my bell, politely shouted "hey watch out there, i've no breaks!" twice. they all stood staring at me, with plenty of time to move out of the cycle lane and let me pass but instead stood there. looking at me coming towards them. i put my feet down to stop myself just before i would've hit into them...

Em... you shouldn't be riding a bicycle on the road without any brakes. That's just as irresponsible as that drunk girl standing on a cycle lane.

Few weeks ago I was late for work. Since I usually walk and it takes a hour to get there I was looking for a taxi along the road. Mangaged to stop one after a while. Was stepping across the cycle lane to get in when I heard a screech and a voice, looked up and saw it was a (very angry) cyclist:

Cyclist: Jesus Christ would you ever look where you're going...
lurlow: fuck you
Cyclist: *&$")£

For a second it looked like he didn't know whether he meant to hit me or swear at me, but he just cycled off in a pisser. Didn't mean to say fuck off to the sap but I was pretty dumbfounded by his rudeness and that's what came out.

Never had an angry exchange like that before, seemed like the type of thing you see happening in new york in films, or that bit in LA Story when Steve Martin is driving, idly exchanging gunfire with other motorists.

Anyone have and ace road rage type stories?
i would have boxed the head off you, or better still, crashed right into you.

would have hurt you more than me.

We were trying to bring five dogs to the park recently. Needless to say there was a dog spillage from the hatchback and they were all out on the road. A car nearly hit one of them and yer man shouted at us 'Are you mad??' To which my husband replied 'Yes, I am'.

Do I win five pounds?
Yes!

I may drive but it pisses me off when I see at traffic lights or traffic cars using or are across bike lanes.
Bikers have rights....you should see Amsterdam they have virtually all the rights!
and it's great!
I was nearly knocked down loads but maybe it was the orange spiked hair they only ever gave me lovely smiles!

Yeah sorry Lurlow but you're totally in the wrong there. Surely he was looking in front of him, only to be met by a man blindly walking out in front of him. In which cas he hit his brakes, DIDN'T hit you and correctly gave you a piece of his mind. Look both ways, as many people have said you'll end up with a worse face if someone does hit ya.

'fuck you' is a great response to almost causing an accident. it's the total disregard for yourself or anyone else. the cyclist really should have said 'no, fuck you!'. that would've been cool.

I was hit by 2 different cyclists in the same place on 2 different days when I was about 6 or 7. it was zero fun.

i used to have a lovely vintage vespa, however i got the fear after this fucking idiot stepped right out infront of me on to the road. i had to swerve to avoid hitting her and ended up in a crumpled mess underneath the bike

she just looked at me on the ground and walked off

Dear Motorists

I make a point of observing traffic lights and do not jaywalk for fear of my mortal flesh. Therefore I would appreciate it if you could all refrain from driving over crossings at which the green man is beckoning me on. It frightens me, and it makes you into a cunt.

Love,

Kirstie

i would have boxed the head off you, or better still, crashed right into you.

would have hurt you more than me.

i agree with hector

i had a lad walk out in front of me on my motor bike on Dame st. He was trying to cross the road, got stuck in the middle and jumped back into the inside lane which i was driving up. i couldn't avoid him, so i went through him, his head hit the face of my helmet, my handlebars whacked him in the ribs. I went to the ground with my bike on my left leg. I got up went over to see if he was ok, he looked in shock and walked off. I then hung around so i couldn't be accused of leaving the scene and i was in a bit of shock. The end result was that he jumped out in front of me and i got a bent handlebar two cut knees and some bruising. Pedestrians can fuck off with the attitude that everyone else should be looking where they're going. I felt bad about hitting that man but after a while it turned to anger because pedestrians are not held accountable for their stupid thoughtless behavior. Who's going to pay for my bike to be fixed, fucking me thats who. Who should pay, the stupid fucker that walked out in front of me.

i used to have a lovely vintage vespa, however i got the fear after this fucking idiot stepped right out infront of me on to the road. i had to swerve to avoid hitting her and ended up in a crumpled mess underneath the bike

she just looked at me on the ground and walked off

that sucks. want to hunt that bitch down and run her over with a vespa?

I once walked out if front of a bloke on his bike on me way into school. I'd a big fuck off Hi-Tec bag over me shoulder with PE gear and the works, I barely noticed the impact (felt like someone had thrown a copy at me) but turned around and saw your man sprawled on the ground with his wheel still spinning. He was only out of a wheelchair after a bad car accident, so I suppose he wasn't too happy. No need for him to get stroppy though, accidents happen in anyways.

Technically lurlow wasn't all that in the wrong.
The taxi driver shouldn't have stopped where he stopped.

she had orange tan, blonde hair and was wearing a rugby shirt with the collar turned up..
i wouldn't be able to pick her out of a line up
yerra just run over everyone who fits that description.

that's the population of ucd decimated in one fell swoop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back