Angry commuter exchanges (1 Viewer)

Doctor Muscles

Website
members.lycos.co.uk
Few weeks ago I was late for work. Since I usually walk and it takes a hour to get there I was looking for a taxi along the road. Mangaged to stop one after a while. Was stepping across the cycle lane to get in when I heard a screech and a voice, looked up and saw it was a (very angry) cyclist:

Cyclist: Jesus Christ would you ever look where you're going...
lurlow: fuck you
Cyclist: *&$")£

For a second it looked like he didn't know whether he meant to hit me or swear at me, but he just cycled off in a pisser. Didn't mean to say fuck off to the sap but I was pretty dumbfounded by his rudeness and that's what came out.

Never had an angry exchange like that before, seemed like the type of thing you see happening in new york in films, or that bit in LA Story when Steve Martin is driving, idly exchanging gunfire with other motorists.

Anyone have and ace road rage type stories?

Few weeks ago I was late for work. Since I usually walk and it takes a hour to get there I was looking for a taxi along the road. Mangaged to stop one after a while. Was stepping across the cycle lane to get in when I heard a screech and a voice, looked up and saw it was a (very angry) cyclist:

For a second it looked like he didn't know whether he meant to hit me or swear at me, but he just cycled off in a pisser. Didn't mean to say fuck off to the sap but I was pretty dumbfounded by his rudeness and that's what came out.

Never had an angry exchange like that before, seemed like the type of thing you see happening in new york in films, or that bit in LA Story when Steve Martin is driving, idly exchanging gunfire with other motorists.

er, did you just step out into the cycle lane? do you think there's a chance you might have scared the shit out of him and nearly sent him flying, making the rudeness remarkably moderate?

i had some fucker (jay)walk out in front of me at a random point on rathmines road today. he called me an eejit and took a swing at me, because apparently, trying to kill me once wasn't enough. i ducked. and, i meant to hit him not swear at him, but i just cycled off in a pisser.

er, did you just step out into the cycle lane? do you think there's a chance you might have scared the shit out of him and nearly sent him flying, making the rudeness remarkably moderate?

i had some fucker (jay)walk out in front of me at a random point on rathmines road today. he called me an eejit and took a swing at me, because apparently, trying to kill me once wasn't enough. i ducked. and, i meant to hit him not swear at him, but i just cycled off in a pisser.

Yeah, just stepped out into the cycle lane. Our exchange was in the heat of the moment but when I had time to reflect it occurred to me that he should have had the sense to be looking in front of him, as taxi's have been known to pull over to the side of the road, cycle lane or no. Suppose I should have kept an eye out too, but fuck it, reckon I had the right of way.

Either ways I'm not looking for sympathy, just ace road rage stories.

pedestrians can sometimes be worse than cars for a cyclist...
sorry lurlow, although i guess you were stunned saying "fuck off" to someone who has done nothing wrong is a bit silly..

while cycling up wexford street at night once, i saw a drunk girl and her mates in the cycle lane ahead of me. i looked behind me to see if i could overtake them but there were cars coming so i couldn't. i rang my bell, politely shouted "hey watch out there, i've no breaks!" twice. they all stood staring at me, with plenty of time to move out of the cycle lane and let me pass but instead stood there. looking at me coming towards them. i put my feet down to stop myself just before i would've hit into them...

they shouted obscenities at me about how i could've killed their stupid drunk friend who was standing in the cycle lane. i felt very hard done by and have taken it upon myself to always be aware of cyclists on the road...

drunk people i guess.

Yeah, just stepped out into the cycle lane. Our exchange was in the heat of the moment but when I had time to reflect it occurred to me that he should have had the sense to be looking in front of him, as taxi's have been known to pull over to the side of the road, cycle lane or no. Suppose I should have kept an eye out too, but fuck it, reckon I had the right of way.

so, let's get this straight. you step into the cycle lane into the path of a cyclist. it's the cyclist who should be looking where he's going?

We were trying to bring five dogs to the park recently. Needless to say there was a dog spillage from the hatchback and they were all out on the road. A car nearly hit one of them and yer man shouted at us 'Are you mad??' To which my husband replied 'Yes, I am'.

Do I win five pounds?

this reminds of about 9 months ago when i was only a week driving.
i pulled out about 3ft of a parallel parking spot on the road while traffic was crawling and there was a gap. i didnt see the car in my blind spot and the oufellah and this old bag in the passenger seat must have gotten quite a shock from me, what with my pulling out at, what 3kph? and as they slowly, oh so slowly drove up to me until he was nearly paralell to me, the man started shouting obscenities from inside his car with his window closed and all.
i gestured as in 'fuck, im reeeeaaally sorry, hands up, ye know, my bad'. even made a sorry face and all. he continued to go apeshit. i then tapped the L-Plate on my windscreen to hopefully make him understand that learners make mistakes & I AM SORRY!!. so then he starts shaking his fists like mad while still goin nuts, at which point i give up trying to apologise and start doin the 'wanker' gesture and that blowjob one. he held up the traffic to shout at a learner driver (who accepted the blame & apologized like crazy) from a car that had the windows up.

what a dickhead. he gave up trying to teach this wreckless youth somethin and then i pulled out and sat behind him for 10mins just gesturing 'ye stupid wanker' at him. hahaha, stupid old people

i know it's terribly ageist but man, old people driving cars really grinds my gears.

not because i want to go zooming along at breakneck speed or anything but because... i'd like to get home.....eventually.

oh, i'm a terrible person aren't i?

You need to watch where your going.
If he had of hit you it would been nasty for both parties.
Sounds like you where the one in the wrong.

if you were walking along the path minding your own business and a cyclist hopped the kerb out of nowhere right in front of you, would you consider yourself partially to blame?

Lurlow it sounds to me like you don't cycle. I can be stressful.

I think the only time I use expletives in a cross manner at someone, is when they walk/drive in the cycle lane. Remember, the roar is our beep. Stepping suddenly into a cyclists path and expecting not to be cursed at is like jaywalking through moving traffic and expecting not to be beeped at. It's unpleasant all the same I guess.

Lurlow it sounds to me like you don't cycle. I can be stressful.

I think the only time I use expletives in a cross manner at someone, is when they walk/drive in the cycle lane. Remember, the roar is our beep. Stepping suddenly into a cyclists path and expecting not to be cursed at is like jaywalking through moving traffic and expecting not to be beeped at. It's unpleasant all the same I guess.

I used to shout "beep beep" at people in the way, generally worked too but if it didn't they got a roaring torrent of abuse.

There's no greater thrill than shouting at rush hour pedestrians from a speeding bike.

Lurlow, if it helps annoy you a little more, you were completely in the wrong and the cyclist was quite entitled to use his voice horn to make his feelings known.

Cyclists make a good point and stepping into a cycle lane without checking to see if there is anything coming is just as bad as stepping into the road without checking for cars.

But... when I have to jump back onto the pavement when I go to cross at pedestrian lights that are in my favour because some idiot on a bike is racing through red lights... it's at times like that that I wish I had a nice big stick.

(when it's a car or a bus I long for a brick)

If everyone obeyed the rules the world would be a brighter, happier place where pedestrians, cyclists and motorists could live in peace and harmony.

A well placed flying double 'clothesline' from your bike should sort out most of these conflicts.

edgeclothesline.jpg

Why do cyclists think that traffic lights don't apply to them? I was crossing the road at a pedestrian crossing (at which a bus had decided to park). I walked in front of the bus and a cyclist ploughed into me. :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back