Acts touring that don't come here (3 Viewers)

Can someone please get The Flaming Lips here to play The Soft Bulletin after they do so in London in the summer?

Somebody mentioned Blonde Redhead above....have they ever played here? I really would love to see them sometime.

Can someone please get The Flaming Lips here to play The Soft Bulletin after they do so in London in the summer?

Somebody mentioned Blonde Redhead above....have they ever played here? I really would love to see them sometime.

here's a rumour for you, they might be doing it at IMMA this summer.

cough
..support caribou,aphex,4tet

can't really confirm that though

I think you mean in 1993 when RHCP cancelled and FNM replaced them. Soundgarden cancelled in 1994 and were replaced by Cypress Hill who (unsurprisingly i suppose) missed the boat from the UK and were replaced by, eh, Scheer!
1993 Sunstroke was the first gig i was ever at and in my over eagerness i was actually the very first person into Dalymount!

I reckon its safe to say you know more than me about sunstroke!

I'd prefer if they played one of their good albums.
You is crazy, thats their good album, well the last one is fantastic to.

John Maus has never come over here and he has toured the uk several times. Some shows around uk and mainland Europe in April coming up and but still no Irish date.

http://sweatshopagency.wordpress.com/2011/01/25/john-maus-2011/

I guess there has to be some sort of cosmic kick back from having Future Island play Dublin four times in 17 months.

Suede should come here since they're back together, they've played England a few times and announced Spanish and American festivals..

Electric Picnic, maybe.

I love the Soft Bulletin too but I don't really want to go and see a band spend a gig playing 12 year old music we've all heard them play before. Embryonic is fantastic, I'd rather see them play that or some brand new stuff. Anything but Do You Realise and that other Yoshimi shite.

You is crazy, thats their good album, well the last one is fantastic to.

John Maus has never come over here and he has toured the uk several times. Some shows around uk and mainland Europe in April coming up and but still no Irish date.

http://sweatshopagency.wordpress.com/2011/01/25/john-maus-2011/

I guess there has to be some sort of cosmic kick back from having Future Island play Dublin four times in 17 months.

John Maus played here back in 2007...

http://thumped.com/bbs/showthread.php?57681-Me-and-My-Korg-present-John-Maus-Nouveau-Noise

I love the Soft Bulletin too but I don't really want to go and see a band spend a gig playing 12 year old music we've all heard them play before. Embryonic is fantastic, I'd rather see them play that or some brand new stuff. Anything but Do You Realise and that other Yoshimi shite.

Ah to hear the whole lot of it in order would be magic though. They tour regularly so there's plenty of chances to hear Embryonic tunes or other newer stuff some other time. And anyway, I saw them in 2002 for the first time and already it was only a few tracks off Soft Bulletin mixed with Clouds tracks and Yoshimi tracks and classic stuff so we haven't all heard them play it all before. Not I, anyhow.

You don't even like Feels, we're never going to agree on what constiutes a turn of the millenium american indie classic.

I find The Soft Bulletin a bit hard to listen all the way through. Especially with the totally pointless, and rather shit, alternative mixes at the end. Yeah Ronald-era, or Embryonic stuff would be cool to see live!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back