Acts touring that don't come here (1 Viewer)

The Radio Dept - Went to see them in Brighton earlier in the year and had a chat with them after, and they said they were booked to play Whelans, which it turns out they were, but then was subsequently cancelled! They obviously don't sell enough albums here.

I'm not a fan (though I do think she's talented) but that seems odd, she was doing Vicar St a while back, one of the more oddball musicians to be playing there I'd have thought

Yeah, I've seen her 2 or 3 times in the last few years and she's been deadly every time, it's a pity she's not playing here on the next tour.

Descendents have never played here.

And I'm still waiting for Jeff Rosenstock to play a gig here.

Speaking of bands not playing here, I saw the Slackers in Belfast last month and got talking to the singer after. He was saying he hates playing Dublin because he hates the way that every venue doubles as a night club because they always end up having to cut their set short and as soon as they stop playing bouncers are herding everyone out the door.

I had tickets for the cancelled radio dept gig. It and their u.k dates were cancelled a few weeks after going on sale. I think illness was given as the reason for cancellation.

Yeah, I've seen her 2 or 3 times in the last few years and she's been deadly every time, it's a pity she's not playing here on the next tour.

Descendents have never played here.

And I'm still waiting for Jeff Rosenstock to play a gig here.

Speaking of bands not playing here, I saw the Slackers in Belfast last month and got talking to the singer after. He was saying he hates playing Dublin because he hates the way that every venue doubles as a night club because they always end up having to cut their set short and as soon as they stop playing bouncers are herding everyone out the door.

Funny enough most of the Belfast venues do this now too. My biggest pet peeve with this Island.

I had tickets for the cancelled radio dept gig. It and their u.k dates were cancelled a few weeks after going on sale. I think illness was given as the reason for cancellation.
Yep i had a ticket for the Whelans one as well. Hopefully they'll get back over; no idea who was promoting it?

D'angelo

he's toured Europe and the UK loads and loads of times in the past few years and never plays here.

yep same. They rarely tour at all though so we need to take it to the 'Acts touring that never go anywhere' thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back