a vote for ireland (1 Viewer)

Sprinkles said:
my point is that he's probobly not serious about his bullshit. he just wants to get elected.

is that why he put out leaflets before when no election was in sight?

it shouldnt be taken serious.
left with only one response....... your a thick!

Sprinkles said:
why, coz i dont think a politician is telling the truth? im sorry but ....they never do.....maybe in this instance you're thick...
.....also it's you're thick, not your a thick....[/QUOte

no because you don't think racism should be taken seriously...politicans never tell the truth ?..bit paranoid there maybe grow up.....one im dyeslxic and two it is your a thick because your are a thick!!

still makes no sense. the phrase is: you're thick. i never said that racism shouldnt be taken seriously. point out where i said that, please. i said that this guy shouldnt be taken seriously because he's going for election in a multi-cultural city and his xenophobic ideals wont be taken into consideration by a government who's trying to keep in the international good books. i see no cause for alarm. i think he's just looking for votes.

Sprinkles said:
still makes no sense. the phrase is: you're thick. i never said that racism shouldnt be taken seriously. point out where i said that, please. i said that this guy shouldnt be taken seriously because he's going for election in a multi-cultural city and his xenophobic ideals wont be taken into consideration by a government who's trying to keep in the international good books. i see no cause for alarm. i think he's just looking for votes.
look you said what hes doin shouldn't be taken seriously. what he was doin was stiring up racism.you didn't actually say the words ''that racism shouldnt be taken seriously''but your attitude to his actions amounts to the same thing. also its not weather the goverment takes him in to consideration its weather the people who got the leaflets in their doors and live next door to imigrants take him seriously that matters and the fact is some of them do.you see no cause for alarm thats nice for you but the people who are at the reciving end of verbal and phyisical abuse daily because people belive the lies spead by scum like kangley might disagree with you.

I wouldn't get all hot and bothered there, Sprinkles. No need for the mad internet-fight-core reaction...

However, it is a bit stupid to generalise and say that politicians never tell the truth. (Sure they make promises coming up to elections which they never fulfill but they don't just lie about things like RACISM.) He's clearly using his racist point of view as a "selling point" if you will, for the millions of racist voters out there. All you have to do is look at the referendum result to see that there really are that many. You even said it yourself in one of your earlier posts how you've heard "to close to home for comfort how jean marie le penn and the bnp have a point". But I don't see how you can justify saying that he's probably just lying as if to say, at heart, he's up there in the front line of the black bloc along with the rest of us. Ha.

And in fairness, it doesn't validate your response to your recieved criticism by wandering off the point and picking on Byrneos' spelling mistakes ;

"Oh, I can spell correctly, I'm superior in this sense, thus my argument wins."

Lame.

In fairness. Boss.

When yer finished laying into yer fellow Eirecoreian - tell us more about this kangley nut.He sounds a bit cracked in the head!

Its not legal to go handing out these type of flyers is it?
Enticement to hate or something is`nt it?Plain racist it sounds to me...

the spelling mistake has nothing to do with the arguement. its just a side note.

ok, your right. generalisation of politicians is wrong. in principal. but in practice most politicians have lied. especially coming up to elections. i personally dont think the referendum was racist because the way i saw it, it was the irish peoples chance to have a say in the economy. i dont condone racism. i think it's sick. racism and xenophobia are weak people lookin for a scape goat. ok so, ill drop it. death to langley!

back to the your a thick thing before you slag people for grammar etc get your facts right. it works like this you're thick is like saying you're stupid. but your a thick works like saying your a fool.

like im in a bar you walk in i say to my friend see that guy his an awfal thick or i could say see that guy hes awfal thick.

but im sure your not you were probably looking for votes.

Have to say it's refreshing to see some healthy linguistic debate on this forum on the state of Hiberno (Byrneo?) - English today. Indeed, Mr. Byrneos is quite correct in his assertion that to call someone 'a thick' is a legitimate noun-ist usage of the adjective 'thick'.
I should know. Many's the time I've walked into that darkened bar only to find Byrneos nod conspiratorially to his mate and mouth those very words upon my approach, thinking that I'm out of earshot. To those that know, being called 'a thick' by Byrneos is not like being called 'a thick' by other people. There's a certain casual cruelty and finality about the guy's judgement calls that once your thickitude has been adjudicated upon by him, it renders any hope of rebuttal ultimately futile, meaning almost certain social castigation for the 'thick' by those within his sphere of influence.

And yes, I was just looking for votes, in anyway...

its still wrong. really really wrong. no matter how much you like to say that 'thick' is a noun, NOT an adjective, ITS A FUCKING ADJETIVE and should be treated as so. why would i be looking for votes? oh, your wit is sharp. its like a sword. pricking me with its intelligence. please.

fair correction. i'll take that into account. but he's still wrong. used in slang or not, it's still an adjective. it's like me saying 'a adjective'. how about i just endorse bad grammer then. start usin apostrophies and commas and semi colons all over the shop. let's start now: this arguement: a stupid.

Sprinkles said:
fair correction. i'll take that into account. but he's still wrong. used in slang or not, it's still an adjective. it's like me saying 'a adjective'. how about i just endorse bad grammer then. start usin apostrophies and commas and semi colons all over the shop. let's start now: this arguement: a stupid.
That was deliberate, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back