a vote for ireland (3 Viewers)

I'm talking about the bits I highlighted in bold (I'm going to have to be an English teacher too, and it'll be at third level; sue me).

Grammar, spelling, punctuation... it's all under the same umbrella (and I'm carrying the umbrella, and it says "PEDANT AND PROUD OF IT" on it).

I bet you didn't even do Irish. Bennett is a Prod surname if ever I saw one. Say something in Irish!

Liadain said:
I bet you didn't even do Irish. Bennett is a Prod surname if ever I saw one. Say something in Irish!

Bennett is a Norman surname, it means 'blessed', and the Normans were Teagues as the Huns hadn't been invented yet, so yooooooooo.
As for saying something in Irish, I was going to put this in my last post but you set it up perfect for this one, Tiocfaidh Ár Lá!

Cormcolash said:
Bennett is a Norman surname, it means 'blessed', and the Normans were Teagues as the Huns hadn't been invented yet, so yooooooooo.
As for saying something in Irish, I was going to put this in my last post but you set it up perfect for this one, Tiocfaidh Ár Lá!
Oooo...schmancy..you even found the fadas and all! Ta tu ar an liathroid, gan dabht! (apologies for lack of fadas)

pff..Irish is only to be used drunkenly on Paddys day.
after the leavin, i seem to have forgetten everything but "tá gneas cluiche ar suil" and "ta mise agus madonna..ag imeacht le cheile.. ar capall ban.. go tir na nóg"

Liadain said:
Oooo...schmancy..you even found the fadas and all! Ta tu ar an liathroid, gan dabht! (apologies for lack of fadas)

Given that I don't know fuck all Irish, I was impressed by it.
Well okay we used to say the Hail Mary and Our Father in Irish when I was in school. And of course there's always close the door but I don't know how to spell Dwidgen Dorus properly either.

So I met this guy on Okcupid two days ago who's even more of a grammar Nazi than I am. The wedding plans are under way.

Sprinkles said:
its still wrong. really really wrong. no matter how much you like to say that 'thick' is a noun, NOT an adjective, ITS A FUCKING ADJETIVE and should be treated as so. why would i be looking for votes? oh, your wit is sharp. its like a sword. pricking me with its intelligence. please.

i never said that its a noun not an adjetive. but it is used commonly as both.languages ,change ,develop and evlove thats the nature of the beast the way i used thick is now in common use and thats good enough for me .it doesn't really matter because at the end of the day you knew what i ment by it.
so it achived its porpose the fact it got you thick is a bonus for me ya thick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back