a vote for ireland (3 Viewers)

as i said above, your still wrong. what makes you think i got thick about it? simply made a correction. you were using it in the context of a noun.

Dwidgen Dorus
dun an doras (sorry bout the no fadas)... i forgot all my irish during my exam and remembered it all again last week when i went to england... not good...

Sprinkles said:
as i said above, your still wrong. what makes you think i got thick about it? simply made a correction. you were using it in the context of a noun.

QUOTE]

fucking hell how did i get sucked into talking about grammar.anyway i just checked it on an online oxford dictionary and it is there as an adjetive but also as an noun. so forgive if i take their word over yours espesically given your own recent examples of bad grammar .people in glass houses and all that......yannnnnn!!!!

Webster: search for 'thick'
Main Entry: 1thick
Pronunciation: 'thik
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English thikke, from Old English thicce; akin to Old High German dicki thick, Old Irish tiug
1 a : having or being of relatively great depth or extent from one surface to its opposite <a thick plank> b : heavily built : [size=-1]THICKSET[/size]
2 a : close-packed with units or individuals <the air was thick with snow> b : occurring in large numbers : [size=-1]NUMEROUS[/size] c : viscous in consistency <thick syrup> d : [size=-1]SULTRY[/size], [size=-1]STUFFY[/size] e : marked by haze, fog, or mist <thick weather> f : impenetrable to the eye : [size=-1]PROFOUND[/size] <thick darkness> g : extremely intense <thick silence>
3 : measuring in thickness <12 inches thick>
4 a : imperfectly articulated : [size=-1]INDISTINCT[/size] <thick speech> b : plainly apparent : [size=-1]DECIDED[/size] <a thick French accent> c : producing inarticulate speech <a thick tongue>
5 : [size=-1]OBTUSE[/size], [size=-1]STUPID[/size]
6 : associated on close terms : [size=-1]INTIMATE[/size] <was quite thick with his pastor>
7 : exceeding bounds of propriety or fitness : [size=-1]EXCESSIVE[/size] <called it a bit thick to be fired without warning>
- thick·ish /'thi-kish/ adjective
- thick·ly adverb

search for thick as a noun:
thick
Function: noun
1 : the most crowded or active part <in the thick of the battle>
2 : the part of greatest thickness <the thick of the thumb>

oxford: search for thick

adjective 1 with opposite sides or surfaces relatively far apart. 2 (of a garment or fabric) made of heavy material. 3 made up of a large number of things or people close together: thick forest. 4 (thick with) densely filled or covered with. 5 (of the air or atmosphere) opaque, heavy, or dense. 6 (of a liquid or a semi-liquid substance) relatively firm in consistency; not flowing freely. 7 [size=-1]informal[/size] of low intelligence; stupid. 8 (of a voice) not clear or distinct; hoarse or husky. 9 (of an accent) very marked and difficult to understand. [size=-1]informal[/size] having a very close, friendly relationship.
noun (the thick) the middle or the busiest part: in the thick of battle.

ok...i was wrong in one respect: thick can be used as a noun - but not in the context as you said it. that still makes you wrong.

Sprinkles, just fucking face it, you have absolutely NO argument at all.

First you were saying he's not REALLY a racist, just pretend. Then you go off on a stupid tangent about an adjective/noun which I presume was purely to distract from your first statement as you realised you couldn't really back it up. Thirdly, you were wrong about the colloquial use of "thick" after being so adamant that you were right. Thick is not only an adjective AND a noun but it is also an adverb. And regardless of whether or not Byrneos used it correctly, to be fair, anything goes with slang. Especially if you're from Kilkenny.

You just won't step down, will you?

i never said the guy wasnt racist. do i know him? no. am i of the opinion that his seemingly xenophobic campaign is simply an attempt to win the votes of the increasingly xenophobic bourgoise? yes. i never said the guy wasnt racist. maybe he is. maybe he really isnt. i dont know him. but in my opinion, he's just milking the conservative upper middle class attitude against forgeiners to line his own pockets. because a xenophobic policy wont succeed in an emerging multi cultural country. i wasnt talking about the after effects of his campaign. i just think that things arent always black and white. just coz a politician says he'll give priority to the irish in ireland doesnt mean that in his personal life the guy throws bricks through the local chinese. propeganda is a powerful tool. and no one is going to tell me that i have a wrong way of thinking. we're all entitled to our own opinion and i shouldnt have to endure your scrutiny because it's not the opinion of the majority. dammit, if im looking for that mentality ill hop on down to a nightclub and buy a tiny skirt.

and i only pointed out a mistake. it's not my fault it got dragged on and on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back