Cameras At Gigs (1 Viewer)

everyone hates them

drum-letter.jpg

i think everyone holding up their digital cameras and phones is worse.

at points during ATP last year I couldn't see the stage for all the little white screen.

"put your camera down, the photo will be shite and you'll be dead too soon to enjoy the memories."

Hey Kids, experience a live concert in your own home by simply holding this picture at eye-level while listening to your favourite CD.

1300179043_1c7e0904d7.jpg

For that added live effect turn the volume up as loud as it will go until it distorts terribly, while a friend or family member periodically elbows you in the ribs and stands on your feet.

For complete authenticity be sure to take up to €80 out of your wallet and tear it to shreds at the the end of the last song.

Hey Kids, experience a live concert in your own home by simply holding this picture at eye-level while listening to your favourite CD.

1300179043_1c7e0904d7.jpg

For that added live effect turn the volume up as loud as it will go until it distorts terribly, while a friend or family member periodically elbows you in the ribs and stands on your feet.

For complete authenticity be sure to take up to €80 out of your wallet and tear it to shreds at the the end of the last song.

Thanks, mate

That's a top tip!

If I have a camera I never use flash, they turn out shit. And I never bother using it more than three rows back as I can't use the viewfinder. I very very rarely do the 'stick it up in the air and see what I get' job as they always turn out horrible.

If I have a camera I never use flash, they turn out shit. And I never bother using it more than three rows back as I can't use the viewfinder. I very very rarely do the 'stick it up in the air and see what I get' job as they always turn out horrible.

I used to do a lot of gig photography, often either at the request of the organisers/participants or as I was putting the gig on myself. increasingly got sick of it, nothing ruins a gig that you really want to see than having to hover round the stage with a camera.

I only got a new camera recently but I'm after learning quickly that I cannot take a good gig photo on a basic digital camera without flash to save my life. I took a few at Chromatics last night and took a video but I was right up the front so hopefully wasn't bothering anyone.
I don't mind punters taking photos but it bugs me when people with SLRs or whatever batter their way up the front and then stand in front of you with their backpack in your face for the WHOLE gig.
What happened to the 'first three songs no flash' rule? I understand that it's a job and it's a hobby for people, but sometimes people take the piss.
When I was at the IAMX gig at the Village there were about 6 people with SLRS and backpacks up the front who seemed to think they had the god-given right to push the rest of us out of the way so they could get a shot.

this annoys the fuck outta me too. amateurish dicks who just bought their first d-slr and think suddenly it's elevated them to professional photographer status. please fuck off. even worse is that their unrelentingness, taking pictures for the *entire* set. how many pics do you really need of a band, 10 max?, maybe include a buffer zone for a few shitty shots? i haven't encountered 'detached wireless flash' guy in a while, much to my pleasure. they should take cues from this person and quit taking pictures of bands and focus on indie poseurs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back